1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS

Default Google wallet on the Droid DNA

I Downloaded wallet a while back, I know the DNA has an NFC chip and i can't get tap to pay to work. Can anyone help me with this? What am i doing wrong?

Default Re: Google wallet on the Droid DNA

I don't think it is enabled yet for your ATM or credit card, maybe Google credit card.

I have ordered the coin card which allows you to combine your magnetic strip cards. The Google wallet card is good for your barcode rewards cards.

Here is what I am talking about,

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    ICS

So tap to pay only works on gift cards? No debit cards yet?

Google has updated the wallet since I last looked. You can now add a bank account. Which is a step in the effort to finally institute tap and pay.

When you see NFC in the settings of the wallet app then we will be close to tap and pay.

Start looking and asking your retailers if they accept tap and pay. I

Tap and pay does not work at all in the Google wallet app as it is today. You can enter your barcoded rewards cards only so that particular retailer can track your purchases.

And it appears you can link your debt card to a Google card or send money to someone you know via a email link. I will give you my email address if u want to try that, please.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are
    Last edited by 1dtbrown; 12-12-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Then there is this coming out, and I am sure more to come. This is a long way from paying with NFC. My feeling is that I may try to have a couple of avenues to use to pay. I will wait and see which ones will become popular. I think the ones that will succeed will be the companies that provide free hardware to the retailers.

Security and name recognition is pretty important to customers so names like Master Card and Visa will sit well with them. Plus they already have a system in place and the money to institute and promote a new payment system. Probably years before the magnetic completely goes away. Meanwhile I am going with this,