Droid DNA: Sense 5 car mode not working?

stewapet

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've got a iBOLT xProDock Kit that worked fine with my DNA before, always entered car mode when I plugged it in. It no longer does so with the new update. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

rantain

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sense 5 car mode not working?

I tried it on mine and the car dock works. I have a different problem with my iBolt, I get a low charging warning if I use the iBolt charger. This problem was there before though.

Posted via Android Central App

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm. So what to do now? Hard reset? Or live with it? That is one of the down falls of major updates. You hold your breath in hopes it doesn't screw anything up.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine works. I did do a factory reset after the update. I was missing the option to change the recent apps button and the reset fixed it. I think it is a good idea to do a factory reset after all major updates.

stewapet

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I did the hard reset. Still no luck. It's not launching any car app when plugged in (which it always did before).

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Lol I'm stuck in car mode

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Wacky thing happened today. While waiting for wife in parking lot, I was messing with my phone and I noticed the "auto-rotate" was disabled....when I knew I had enabled it previously. After I re-enabled it, I car docked it and dock mode worked. I unplugged my phone, disabled "auto rotate" on my wife's phone, rebooted it, re-enabled it and car docked it and it also worked. Re-docked my phone and it didn't work anymore....and neither did my wife's phone. But going to recent apps, I can see "car mode" in both our phones and selecting it will put the phone in dock mode,....while not in a dock....but it won't work when plugged back into the car dock and hasn't since.

BAH!!!

stewapet

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

So the other day, I plugged my DNA in the dock, and the HTC car dock came right up. First time ever. And what I noticed, my charger wasn't plugged in at the time. So if my car is off (or the charger is not providing power), and I plug my phone in first, the car mode comes right up. Then I can plug it into power and it still works fine. Odd but I can live with docking it before I turn my car on.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

So the other day, I plugged my DNA in the dock, and the HTC car dock came right up. First time ever. And what I noticed, my charger wasn't plugged in at the time. So if my car is off (or the charger is not providing power), and I plug my phone in first, the car mode comes right up. Then I can plug it into power and it still works fine. Odd but I can live with docking it before I turn my car on.

Confirmed. Car dock mode come on every time when charger was not plugged into cig lighter. Very odd, but at least there's a work around.
Thanks stewapet.

tphommel

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
When I updated my HTC One to the Kit Kat, My car dock started acting up. If I put the phone in the dock before starting the car it turns on to Car Mode. If I pull it out while the power is on and put it back it will not switch to car mode. Also, If I get a text message or phone call, when Im done and the music starts to play again, my steering wheel controls no longer can change music tracks. I also noticed the auto rotate once out of the car dock does not work properly either. I have verified the settings and even disabled and re-enabled it. I have contacted HTC on this issue and it has been escalated to the development team. I even ran several tests with the tech on the land line phone while I tested the functions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney