Did the unthinkable...cracked the screen.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been running it naked for six months, so it was bound to happen eventually, lol. I went to pull my phone out of my apron at work and it slipped, struck the corner of a stair in the top right portion of my screen and shattered the glass. Proximity sensor is rendered useless, as is the front facing camera.

My question, has anyone done an asurion claim on this thing recently? Are they still shipping DNAs as the replacement or has their been an issue with stock? I am hesitant to file the claim for fear of not receiving another DNA.

Additionally, what's the estimated time of shipping? I have heard they overnight, but this is a terrible time for shipping. Im assuming if I claimed on Christmas eve, it'd be the day after Christmas that I would receive it?

Sent from my dlx using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Noo!!!!!!

I don't know about their stock but when I had to place a claim with Asurion in the past, they sent the phone overnight. I called on a Sunday so I got in on a Monday.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Noo!!!!!!

I don't know about their stock but when I had to place a claim with Asurion in the past, they sent the phone overnight. I called on a Sunday so I got in on a Monday.

I was going to claim Saturday, but I knew I wouldn't get it on Sunday, so I didnt, and I assumed if I filed Sunday, I wouldn't get it til Tuesday. I dunno :/ contemplating just waiting until I get paid on Tuesday to file, but post is closed Wednesday for Christmas. I should probably go ahead and file today, huh? Lol

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen a few months back as well and filed a claim. The first phone they sent was a refurb. I peeled the protective sticker off the screen and noticed when the phone was under lighting a certain way it appeared to have a tight grid pattern under the screen. I called them and they apologized and sent a brand new in box DNA and also sent a car charger and wired headset. Maybe you could ask if they have any new in box phones to send?

Posted via Android Central App

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How far away from a new contract are you? Assurion sounds like your best choice. They may take debit or credit cards over the phone. I know my wife's Droid Inc 2 crashed and VZW just sent her a DNA refurb as a replacement even though she is out of contract. We still pay for the full protection and assurion.
I begged wife to buy her a Moto X as the price was dropped down to $99 or something crazy and she would have loved it, but she is stubborn and just didn't want to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been running it naked for six months, so it was bound to happen eventually, lol. I went to pull my phone out of my apron at work and it slipped, struck the corner of a stair in the top right portion of my screen and shattered the glass. Proximity sensor is rendered useless, as is the front facing camera.

My question, has anyone done an asurion claim on this thing recently? Are they still shipping DNAs as the replacement or has their been an issue with stock? I am hesitant to file the claim for fear of not receiving another DNA.

Additionally, what's the estimated time of shipping? I have heard they overnight, but this is a terrible time for shipping. Im assuming if I claimed on Christmas eve, it'd be the day after Christmas that I would receive it?

If you call them up you can talk to the rep and make sure they are sending you a DNA. I've done enough Asurion claims that I think their system is to send out a refurb, then if you have problems with the refurb and complain loudly enough, they will try to send a new in box if they have any.

Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have SquareTrade on my phone. First time with them. Was an awesome experience. I was out of town and my phone fell and shattered the entire screen. Called ST and they overnighted a phone to my hotel. I think it is a much better deal than Assurion and the claim was much easier than Assurion. Anyone else use ST ever?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I did the claim Christmas night around 6pm because the touch screen completely stopped working. I got the return replacement last night at 5pm. It was a dud. There was a large blue splotch in the center and the phone refused to activate. Called them immediately and got the replacement this afternoon at 1. They claimed it would be a brand new in retail box device, but it is a refurb. Luckily it works fine and you can't tell minus the lack of retail packaging, original stickers and protectors. Now I'm just waiting for my case and protector to come in. It was supposed to be delivered today, but the post has run so it will probably be Monday.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did the claim Christmas night around 6pm because the touch screen completely stopped working. I got the return replacement last night at 5pm. It was a dud. There was a large blue splotch in the center and the phone refused to activate. Called them immediately and got the replacement this afternoon at 1. They claimed it would be a brand new in retail box device, but it is a refurb. Luckily it works fine and you can't tell minus the lack of retail packaging, original stickers and protectors. Now I'm just waiting for my case and protector to come in. It was supposed to be delivered today, but the post has run so it will probably be Monday.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Bummer about the device. Hopefully this one will last a while.
Good to see you in the forums. Been a while!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36