Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nate7161
  • 1 Post By kennethpm777
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Didnt want the update anyway

After 3 weeks of waiting for this update andcalling verizon many times i have stopped worrying about when it will come thru. Don't want all the problems it comes with anyway. 4.1 ftw.

Default Re: Didnt want the update anyway

That sucks you havent got it yet. But it doesnt really come with problems. Been really pretty much perfect for me since updating and restarting atleast once. Im sure you will get it soon enough.
    Droid DNA
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 7 2012
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)

So gig93, is your phone activated on the network?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes there is nothing wrong on my end the update just hasn't been pushed to my phone yet and its been 3 weeks.

Settings:Apps:RUNNING... Click HtcDm.... Click STOP, and then restart phone....
    If it is not on the list... Click Software Update, check new, and then rush back to settings:apps:running and click HtcDm and click STOP! Then Restart

I did this and instantly after restarting, i got the update.... it might just be having issues connecting to HTC to check for an update

I really liked my phone better prior to the update. I liked the previous app function better as selections were larger and Now the backlights won't turn off for desk or dock mode...I am using an app not a dock. Otherwise no real difference if you ask me...I'm sure there are puses but I really haven't nooticed much except for the blink feed which I don't use anyway.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    Settings:Apps:RUNNING... Click HtcDm.... Click STOP, and then restart phone....
    If it is not on the list... Click Software Update, check new, and then rush back to settings:apps:running and click HtcDm and click STOP! Then Restart

I did this and instantly after restarting, i got the update.... it might just be having issues connecting to HTC to check for an update
    That dosnt show up on my phone even after trying what you said. All that pops up is HTC sense

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

My roomate has the HTC DNA and he hasnt gotten the update either. But he's very new to android and really doesnt know his way around the os yet. I checked for him and it says its up to date. Are the updates still pushing out or has everyone received it mostly?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I've had three different DNAs in the last week and each immediately prompted for the update upon activation.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Not sure what's wrong with my phone and why its not comming thru If I call Verizon one more time to get any answers I'm gonna pull my hair out. I guess its just a waiting game. It doesn't matter anyway I like 4.1.1

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Well I'm glad to see he's not the only one having this issue. I thought it was him. He actually hadnt downloaded any of the previous updates that came. I was able to get him caught up except the current update just isnt pushing to his device yet no matter what I do. I think it probably bothers me more than it does him that he hasnt received it yet. I'll just keep checking every time I get a moment to fiddle with it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    Well I'm glad to see he's not the only one having this issue. I thought it was him. He actually hadnt downloaded any of the previous updates that came. I was able to get him caught up except the current update just isnt pushing to his device yet no matter what I do. I think it probably bothers me more than it does him that he hasnt received it yet. I'll just keep checking every time I get a moment to fiddle with it.
    Yea it really sucks I wouldn't think it would take a month to get the update to everyone. I think it might just be me and your roommate who still don't have the update lol... Oh well no sense 5 for me

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I had this exact same issue when I had the Rezound. My wife's phone updated without any delay. My Rezound on the other hand would not find the update. I checked over and over for the update, cleared a few areas in the settings, and no update was ever pushed. Then I read somewhere about replacing the sim card. I received a new sim, installed it, and the update was there. Just a suggestion about the sim, it was the issue for me. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Thats what i'm going to try next with his(my roomate's DNA) device. Pulling the sim card. And reinserting it.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Just get a new sim from Verizon. They are free from them.

Posted via Android Central App
    D_Norm_A likes this.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

If it was my device I would. But its my roomates. I'll try the pull first. If that wont push the update I'll tell him to get a new one.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

And that didnt work to push the update to his device. He's going to get a replacement Sim.

hope he gets it after the replacement of the SIM card! We are all waiting for gig93 to get up to date with baited breath!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    Still no update here I guess getting a new SIM is my only option.

Well, let us know when you get the new SIM card, and what happens. A word about discussion threads. If you start one about a problem you are having, keep posting to that one rather than starting a whole new thread. It makes it easier for those of us who are following and trying to help easier to keep track of how you are doing. Best of luck.
    Thanked by:
    D_Norm_A likes this.

Yeah gig93, keep us posted!
    I've been very interested in your issues and would also like to know the outcome!

Sent from my DNA...