Problems With Full Screen Ads?

bgoldenberg94

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new to AC (this being my first actual post) and I'm here to ask if anyone else gets full screen ads on their phones. I've run a bunch of virus scans and nothing seems to come up, and I've uninstalled nearly every app that I think could've been the source of the problem (even GO SMS). I'll post a screenshot as an example of what I'm seeing every hour or two. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• spam screenshot.jpg
    spam screenshot.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 29

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Try installing Air Push Detector. It should be able to tell you which app is generating the ads. When the prompt pops up telling you that you don't need the app, just click "It doesn't work" to force it to run.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

bgoldenberg94

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll check it out and get back to you, thanks for the recommendation.

Update: Downloaded the app, said that "I couldn't find any apps with notification ads".

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Would you mind trying Lookout Ad Network Detector? Let me know if it works for you.

bgoldenberg94

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Did nothing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check it out, thanks.

It says some apps that I could uninstall, but it doesn't say what app causes the full screen ads.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Did nothing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check it out, thanks.

It says some apps that I could uninstall, but it doesn't say what app causes the full screen ads.

How many apps is it? Delete them one at a time to find the culprit.

nickyboyparks

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463