1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable "soft home key" when in keyboard mode?

Anyone have any info on disabling the "soft home key" when in keyboard mode?

I have a clumsy thumb or whatever and it drives me bat sh*t crazy when Im typing out a text and accidentally hit the home button, then have to navigate back to the app, and reinitiate the typing screen/keyboard (its a real pain in the ***) --text messages, emails, apps, etc. The soft keyboard is right above the soft home key so I don't know how anyone else manages to not hot it all the damn time too...

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,119 Global Posts

Default Re: Disable "soft home key" when in keyboard mode?

It's all about adjusting, really. I've been using on screen keyboards since the OG Droid and can't say I've ever hit the home button while using the keyboard. Maybe try holding the device a slight bit higher to stay further away from it? Good luck!

Default Re: Disable "soft home key" when in keyboard mode?

Quote Originally Posted by uclachris View Post
    Anyone have any info on disabling the "soft home key" when in keyboard mode?

I have a clumsy thumb or whatever and it drives me bat sh*t crazy when Im typing out a text and accidentally hit the home button, then have to navigate back to the app, and reinitiate the typing screen/keyboard (its a real pain in the ***) --text messages, emails, apps, etc. The soft keyboard is right above the soft home key so I don't know how anyone else manages to not hot it all the damn time too...

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    No way to disable home key. I recommend switching to a different keyboard. My preference has always been SwiftKey. I'm fact you can change keyboard size and undock it to move it on the screen.

If I was able to help you please click on the Thank You button. On the Tapatalk App it is the Thumbs up icon. - From my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3