Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Temp never updates on lock screen

The other day Verizon sent an update to my Droid DNA. One of the new features was that the weather shows on the lock screen. However it never seems to update. I tried going to the pull down, clicking on box in the upper right corner, then settings (which that is a real annoyance with this upgrade needing to tap two extra times to get to settings), then personalize, and Lock screen style. None of the styles have a setting to control how often the temperature updates.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Temp never updates on lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by strycat View Post
    The other day Verizon sent an update to my Droid DNA. One of the new features was that the weather shows on the lock screen. However it never seems to update. I tried going to the pull down, clicking on box in the upper right corner, then settings (which that is a real annoyance with this upgrade needing to tap two extra times to get to settings), then personalize, and Lock screen style. None of the styles have a setting to control how often the temperature updates.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    It seems on every Android phone I've ever owned and with any weather widget I've tried, this seems to happen to me. Usually I can fix it by resetting the weather app that it's using and clearing the data, but then it just stops updating again a few days later. I've given up and just don't bother anymore.

If you go into the stock weather app, it will force update which will be reflected on the lockscreen. You can then change the sync schedule through settings in the weather app itself to make it refresh more frequently.

ROM
    Stock

To change the update schedule, tap the cloud or sun, whichever is displayed, on the weather widget, then use the 3 dots to get to settings. If you don't have one of the weather widgets, open the app drawer and scroll down to weather. Then use the 3 dots and choose settings.

You'll also want to make sure that weather is set to sync under your account settings.

To get to the general settings easier (and the quick settings), pull down the notification pane with 2 fingers instead of one.
    "He didn't fall? Inconceivable".
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    If you go into the stock weather app, it will force update which will be reflected on the lockscreen. You can then change the sync schedule through settings in the weather app itself to make it refresh more frequently.
    Thanks. I didn't realize there was a stock weather app (I've been using The Weather Channel's app). Apparently in the stock one "scheduled sync" was unchecked and also defaulted to once a day. I've set it to update every hour. Hopefully that will fix it. Thanks again.

I've tried all of these suggestions in the past...hopefully yours behaves better than mine.