Can I do this with My Backup Pro?

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to do a hard reset (battery has been a bit crappy and phone is a bit sluggish). I have My Backup Pro and I want to use it to back everything up...settings, home screen, sms, app icon positions etc. There are 2 choices, backup to SD card and online. We obviously don't have an SD card on our phones and I don't want to use their online backup. My questions is, can I back it up on the phone's hard drive, transfer the saved file to my PC, and after the reset, transfer the file back onto my phone so My Backup Pro can restore all my settings and apps?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to do a hard reset (battery has been a bit crappy and phone is a bit sluggish). I have My Backup Pro and I want to use it to back everything up...settings, home screen, sms, app icon positions etc. There are 2 choices, backup to SD card and online. We obviously don't have an SD card on our phones and I don't want to use their online backup. My questions is, can I back it up on the phone's hard drive, transfer the saved file to my PC, and after the reset, transfer the file back onto my phone so My Backup Pro can restore all my settings and apps?

Thanks!

What kind of phone do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That should work. To be safe, I would sync all your contacts with Google, and pull any file you need to your PC.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That should work. To be safe, I would sync all your contacts with Google, and pull any file you need to your PC.

Thanks. It worked. But my backup pro didn't didn't retain my home screen settings or my app shortcut settings like it said it would. Nice when an app doesn't perform as advertised huh. *sigh*.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It worked. But my backup pro didn't didn't retain my home screen settings or my app shortcut settings like it said it would. Nice when an app doesn't perform as advertised huh. *sigh*.

OK. A third party launcher like Nova can save those types of settings.

Luca Gentile

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Same problem :

MyBackup "home shortcut: failed: provider not supported. " galaxy 5
Hallo,

I am installing the backup from a galaxy s4 to aaBn s5.

I did the cloud backup.

I got the error "home shortcut: failed: provider not supported. "

When I try to import the home screen to the phone, all the rest worked.

Now the problem is that the home shortcuts are vital for me, they are many and I really want them back.

Could anyone help me?
I was searching in the faq of MyBackup but I didn't find answers.

How to use Nova?
Can I use it if I. Didn't install it in the old phone? (cause it is already hard resetted).

Thaks a lot, this is a great community!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs