HTC Droid DNA - Anyone have the 4.4.2 Update yet?

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and my phone booted back up and works (so far) so that's a good sign.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Update downloaded and done. Running fine .
ajupu3u8.jpg

Tinostre

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Already upgraded to the HTC One M8, but still would love to download 4.4.2 on my DNA. Unfortunately it won't update over WiFi.

Posted via Android Central App

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
update to 4.4.2 look good so far. Some Verizon apps got undisabled, and, there are a couple of new one. Along with a widget for HTC apps, which is empty for me.

And, you can set your notification sound level independent of the ringtone.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble activating the lock screen? Seems no matter what I do it reverts back to the HTC slide up to unlock screen.

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
according to my Verizon store, it should download over wi-fi. I have the same thing. I upgraded to HTC One m8, but would like to download over wi-fi also.
to tell you the truth, i may go back to my HTC Droid DNA, as I feel the HTC One M8 is barely an incremental improvement over my tried and true Droid DNA.
I'm trying to sell it on ebay. Any offers?

kdellinger

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I'm no longer with Verizon but still love my DNA and would like to update it to kitkat. Are there any sites/people that make those downloads available?

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with you about the incremental improvement. I like the metal case and screen a very small amount more on the M8, but my DNA has really been a wonderful phone that I haven't had the severe itch to upgrade from. The two software updates don't hurt either! :)

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking about lock screen widgets, slide from right to left on the lock screen to view the widgets or add them. It looks like they took away the option to have a different lock screen wallpaper from your current home wallpaper. You can also see some notifications on the lock screen: settings>security>notification settings.

Hope this helps. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Anyone having trouble activating the lock screen? Seems no matter what I do it reverts back to the HTC slide up to unlock screen.

Kilzadi

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My install of the large 618MB package is stopping after about 20%. Phone sits there for about 30 minutes, reboots, starts the install again, freezes at 20% and just keeps repeating.

mycuco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone find out how to get rid of the slide to unlock? I have my screen lock set to none but still have to swipe to unlock.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have any improved responsitivity on SMS? I feel like there's still a humongous lag time between when I hit "send" and when I can move on to do anything else. I don't remember having this issue pre-4.2, and seems to have persisted into 4.4.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Persistent wifi notification is gone! Woohoo!

Also, Google Wallet Tap to Pay can be set up. Haven't tried to see if it actually works yet.

reaper88

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking about lock screen widgets, slide from right to left on the lock screen to view the widgets or add them. It looks like they took away the option to have a different lock screen wallpaper from your current home wallpaper. You can also see some notifications on the lock screen: settings>security>notification settings.

Hope this helps. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Lock screen widgets are giving me fits too...used to just have google now on it and i loved it