Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Massive battery drain since 4.4.2 on Droid DNA

i am seeing massive battery issues since this kitkat update.Like 10% or more an hour with light usage..anyone else have any issues?

Default Re: Massive battery drain since 4.4.2 on Droid DNA

None here, I'm actually seeing some improvement. Went 13 hours (with only wi-fi on) just doing basic texting and some phone calls and was at 90% still left.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I've seen zero change in battery usage on mine. Been running it since the first hour it was available and the last few days my battery has been about 20% at the end of a 16 hour day just like before the update.

Posted via Android Central App

My battery drain appears to be about the same.

My android system is using 80% in the first hour off the charger and I'm already down 10% battery...is this GPS maybe?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Android OS seems to be a big drain for me too

Seems slightly worse, but Ive been on it alot more since the update. Once it settles back in and I go back to using it how I normally do, Im sure I will make it my usual 2 days before charging.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Turning off my gps has helped, i dont understand why i never turned it off before. Im trying to wipe the cache to see it that helps. Found these instructions on how to do it.

• Boot into recovery
    • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
    • When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
    • Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
    • When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
    • Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
    • Select "Reboot system now"

Not sure; I'm at 41% after 13+ hours; probably consider my usage light: keeping up with 3email accounts; some mapping, some Kindle reading; some GPS tracking; (no music or video streaming)

When the triangle and exclamation mark comes up, I couldn't get the second menu to come up, how long do you hold volume up and power. The soft keys flash like 20 times and the phone just reboots normally.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    When the triangle and exclamation mark comes up, I couldn't get the second menu to come up, how long do you hold volume up and power. The soft keys flash like 20 times and the phone just reboots normally.
    I didnt have to but for a second if i remember correct. I got that procedure off Verizon dna forum. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812929
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by reaper88 View Post
    I didnt have to but for a second if i remember correct. I got that procedure off Verizon dna forum. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812929
    Got it, thanks!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I believe i may have figured out whats causing my drain. My phone gets pretty good battery life at home on wifi..but at work i dont get the best signal. Wonder if my problem is the same as this thread Droid DNA: Signal Strength after 4.4.2 Update Observation

Doesn't this seem like a really percentage of battery use from phone radio? I don't remember my phone using anywhere near that much before. My battery is dying much faster after the update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Massive battery drain since 4.4.2 on Droid DNA-1398721058273.jpg  

10hr 43min off charge and I'm at 80% with some Reddit, Flipboard, and Facebook at lunch and regular sync for emails, weather, ect.
    Only on Wifi about 1 hr. Battery usage is about the same for me. Signal showing appears lower but my quality hasn't changed so I think it's
    just representing a more accurate signal strength on the bars.

I did a system reset, kept music/pics, and so far that has shown some good improvement. I also obviously once again disabled everything app wise I don't use.

Obviously it was a bit annoying to have to set everything up to my liking again, but oh well.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dasaucemasta View Post
    Doesn't this seem like a really percentage of battery use from phone radio? I don't remember my phone using anywhere near that much before. My battery is dying much faster after the update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Mine shows about the same % used for phone radio as well..im almost convinced thats whats killing my battery

has anyone noticed that with this 4.4.2 update on the Droid DNA that the data just randomly drops and also during a conference call you cannot flash or hang up on the last called party??? what gives??? this update seems like a downgrade!!! please comment!

I actually just had this happen not too long ago. It said I was in "voice roaming" and I have no idea how. I've had my phone disconnect a few times, but I thought it was my friend's.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I've been hit by it too, although it seems very intermittent. I've seen the little circular arrows stay in the top bar for hours, can't find a reason why as I haven't changed my usage of the device. I keep a charger in the car, and have one at the office, so it hasn't been more than an annoyance yet.

I took the reset and rebuild route. I also turned on "Sleep Mode (turns off data connection during long periods of inactivity)" in Power. My phone is doing very well now; much better than before the update.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Mandel View Post
    I took the reset and rebuild route. I also turned on "Sleep Mode (turns off data connection during long periods of inactivity)" in Power. My phone is doing very well now; much better than before the update.
    Sleep mode helped me out some too.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper88 View Post
    Turning off my gps has helped, i dont understand why i never turned it off before. Im trying to wipe the cache to see it that helps. Found these instructions on how to do it.

• Boot into recovery
    • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
    • When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
    • Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
    • When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
    • Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
    • Select "Reboot system now"
    after several tries got it thanks hope this helps.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I changed my network setting on my phone from global to lte/cma. (settings=> mobile data => perfered network.) a few hours ago and it seems better on battery drain. Only more time will tell.

Does anyone know why my biggest battery drain is the dealer, does not a way to change any thing regarding the dialer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast