1. Shygar's Avatar
    Anyone know if we will see a difference?
    05-19-2014 07:23 PM
  2. Mikey D_PhD's Avatar
    According to the specs we do not have the radios for XLTE.
    05-19-2014 07:38 PM
  3. mightyfacundo's Avatar
    I know it says we don't have it, but the speeds at my house have doubled. Also, I was in a part of town today where I got 41.16 down, 5.54 up, and I've never gotten speeds that high there. Maybe the people who have XLTE have freed up bandwith for the rest of us? Either way, I'm happy with the increase.

    Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-19-2014 09:24 PM
  4. jweimn's Avatar
    I know it says we don't have it, but the speeds at my house have doubled. Also, I was in a part of town today where I got 41.16 down, 5.54 up, and I've never gotten speeds that high there. Maybe the people who have XLTE have freed up bandwith for the rest of us? Either way, I'm happy with the increase.

    Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes you're still on band 13 not band 4 (aka xlte) if you were upload speeds should be closer to or over 20mbps
    05-19-2014 09:29 PM
  5. enik's Avatar
    No, but you still will see a difference. Verizon says 35% of the devices they sell support it, so considering most of those devices are flagships and will sell better than the other 65% of devices a large portion of customers will be seamlessly transferred over to a different LTE band where available which frees up more bandwidth for those left out. Now something more of a personal observation. Those other 65% of devices being sold do include basic phones and starter smartphones whose users probably aren't going to be heavy users like we are. Don't see many S3 mini users rocking Netflix or streamline Pandora. Just an observation from years in the industry.

    Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2014 10:58 PM
  6. Andy19's Avatar
    According to the specs we do not have the radios for XLTE.
    I expected that to happen. Oh well. Only time will tell for sure.
    05-21-2014 06:45 PM
  7. zero3187's Avatar
    Maybe the people who have XLTE have freed up bandwith for the rest of us? Either way, I'm happy with the increase.
    I'm thinking this is what happened.
    05-25-2014 06:28 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Does Anyone Know How To Get Free Data From T-Mobile On The N7 2013?
    By Wildo6882 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 02:41 AM
  2. Does the M8 get hot with heavy usage?
    By el3ctronics in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM
  3. my Note 3 and old Note 2 can't top 27mbps, even with new XLTE....
    By CarrierPigeon in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 07:26 PM
  4. VIDEO Guy Eats 2 Habeneros Then Reviews The HTC One M8! Funny!
    By Droidmodderx in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
  5. My note 12.2 calender invite import does not handle time zones
    By bill-e in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD