DNA won't turn on, no orange light, no blinking LEDs (Technical advise for repair)

CarnCarnage

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I just swapped the guts of my Droid DNA over to a new case and upon putting it back together and hooking it up, I plugged in the charge cable and tried turning it on, and it vibrated once and turned off.

From that point, I've not been able to get an indicator light, no blinking LEDs, no sign of life, and to boot, the Battery was drained before I took it apart.

I've had it plugged into the wall for about 20 minutes now, hoping it would show some life, but nothing. It was starting to heat up, as these phones usually do while charging, but now, nothing.

I reseated all of the cables, no avail.

I'm wondering if it could be a dead USB port, or maybe the battery was so drained that it just died.
Is there any advise for bringing something like this back to life, or a way to link it to my PC to bring it back?

Or even a way to delete the data so I can get rid of it without worry of my data being used?

Joe Lafevre

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, so this identical thing just happended to me. Droid DNA and all. This is going to sound generic but what ended up working was using a can of compressed air for cleaning computers on the part where you plug your charger in. I had to do it dilligently. Keep your patience. Hopefully this works for you as it has I. Good luck! I take good care of my phone, so i knew there was nothing fatally wrong with it. its been a great phone. No signs of failing. so i was shocked when this happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21