Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Google Now

    Anybody have any ideas why Google Now would suddenly NOT work with a long-press of my home button on my DNA? Works via the "Google" app from the launcher, but not the long-press anymore ....
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Does the problem persist even after rebooting? Maybe you should try a system cache clear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Google Now

    I'll try the cache clear, thanks. A reboot didn't do anything. But I tellya, it's one of a whole host of things that have gotten VERY strange about this phone in the last few days. Bizarre settings resets... features present that aren't on my son's DNA...

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Does the problem persist even after rebooting? Maybe you should try a system cache clear.
    Later... nope, cache clear doesn't do it.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Later... nope, cache clear doesn't do it.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    Could you have a virus? I have had no issues with mine.

    ciao
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen778 View Post
    Could you have a virus? I have had no issues with mine.

    ciao
    I wish I knew how to tell!

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    I wish I knew how to tell!

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    The settings resets sound kind of strange. I'd use a few antivirus apps (one at a time) to scan the device. Good luck.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Question for you. If you go into your settings on your DNA, do you have a "Display & Gestures" setting? Or does it say something different?

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Google Now

    I know on my DNA, I recently received an update to Google Now which allows me to wake up Google Now by only saying - Okay Google from any screen. Now I don't have to press the home button to wake it up. I am, however, still able to wake the phone that way as well. You might want to check to see if your Google Now has been updated lately. If it's updated when you open the application, click on Menu, Settings. Next, click on Voice and last - "Ok Google" Detection. If your app has been updated to the latest version, you should now see many new options such as - From Google Search App, From any screen, From lock screen. These settings allow you to be able to activate google now from any screen, even when there are apps open, by just saying "Okay Google". There are instances where it works differently such as when you have your phone plugged in and/or it's in car mode. Hope this helps.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsb123 View Post
    I know on my DNA, I recently received an update to Google Now which allows me to wake up Google Now by only saying - Okay Google from any screen. Now I don't have to press the home button to wake it up. I am, however, still able to wake the phone that way as well. You might want to check to see if your Google Now has been updated lately. If it's updated when you open the application, click on Menu, Settings. Next, click on Voice and last - "Ok Google" Detection. If your app has been updated to the latest version, you should now see many new options such as - From Google Search App, From any screen, From lock screen. These settings allow you to be able to activate google now from any screen, even when there are apps open, by just saying "Okay Google". There are instances where it works differently such as when you have your phone plugged in and/or it's in car mode. Hope this helps.
    Excellent info - thank you! Doing the voice search works just fine now (thanks to your post) ... but it only bring up a Google search. It doesn't display Google Now. Heck, even SAYING "Ok Google show google now screen" doesn't even do it. ;-) Still nothing on the double-home either.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Anybody have any ideas why Google Now would suddenly NOT work with a long-press of my home button on my DNA? Works via the "Google" app from the launcher, but not the long-press anymore ....
    Try downloadning a antivirus?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    Try downloadning a antivirus?
    Just now, yes, had to first clear some space from my overstuffed 16mb.

    AVG says I'm fine. Only thing it didn't like was the "install from other sources" option, but other than that, no threats found.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Just now, yes, had to first clear some space from my overstuffed 16mb.

    AVG says I'm fine. Only thing it didn't like was the "install from other sources" option, but other than that, no threats found.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    You may have to factory reset then
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    You may have to factory reset then
    Well, since accessing Google Now with a double-home is my only real issue, I'll hold off in that for now. ;-) Especially with my upgrade only 3 months away, when I'm finally jumping off this HTC roller coaster.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Well, since accessing Google Now with a double-home is my only real issue, I'll hold off in that for now. ;-) Especially with my upgrade only 3 months away, when I'm finally jumping off this HTC roller coaster.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    DNA is still a VERY good phone though much better then my galaxy nexus that i use LOL just get cyanogenmod or another rom and your good to go!!!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    DNA is still a VERY good phone though much better then my galaxy nexus that i use LOL just get cyanogenmod or another rom and your good to go!!!
    Definitely a great piece of hardware, for sure, but HTC's habit of bringing new bugs with each update (and that's said after 5 years of HTC phones) is now beyond my ability to tolerate.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Google Now

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Definitely a great piece of hardware, for sure, but HTC's habit of bringing new bugs with each update (and that's said after 5 years of HTC phones) is now beyond my ability to tolerate.

    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    Yea i hate it too i i would install a good rom and enjoy till the end

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 01:21 PM
  2. Google+ Photos
    By Tallrandal in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 08:44 AM
  3. Google+ Photos
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:53 PM
  4. S3 Google Chrome app is only app thats connecting to wifi
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:11 PM
  5. Default Google calendar for "add a new event"
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions