Boot loop, no recovery, safe mode works fine

JEGuitarist

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, so my HTC deluxe DNA is semi bricked I think. I can't boot into the OS for any longer than maybe a minute before it restarts it self and repeats the process. I can't access recovery at all, it just restarts itself. I can however boot into safe mode just fine and the phone will stay on as normal (actually posting from it right now) it didn't happen until one night when I fell asleep talking to my girlfriend, woke up in the morning to a super hot phone..turned it off to cool down, and it's been screwed up ever since. It is rooted, and flashed if that makes a difference. I just find it hard to believe that it got too hot when I can go into safe mode all day just fine. Should reflash a recovery on? Buy a new phone? Any ideas?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If everything is ok while in safe mode maybe there's a third party app running wild. It's just a question of finding the culprit. Can you see anything unusual in your battery stats? You could try getting more details with an app like Gsam.

JEGuitarist

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I definitely suspect it to be a strange app..problem is, in safe mode, I can't uninstall anything without the phone crashing on me (again, leads me to think there's a shady app that's preventing it) What's the safest way to wipe the phone clean? Factory reset won't be an option as Im rooted/flashed..thinking my only option is gonna be reflashing and hoping for the best, correct?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you can't even uninstall while in safe mode ... I think you're right. Flash again and hope for the best :) Tell us how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084