How can I fix a Random Reboot?

Silver90

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Random Reboot

My wife and I are both using three year old DNAs, two years on Verizon and one year on Consumer Cellular. Still running Android 4.4.2. All of a sudden my wife and I both are starting to have random reboots. No idea why. Last night we went to bed and her phone rebooted on the night stand with no interaction. It seems to happen a couple of times a week.

We also have days where we burn up the battery and have to recharge by 5 or 6, and other days where we go to bed with 65%. No increase in usage on our part. When I look at battery consumption, Android system is using the most.

Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When the phone reboots, look at the battery (Settings/General/Battery). Tap the graph at the top to get to the second page. Look for a sudden drop to 0 or close to it, followed by an immediate return to almost the power level it was at. That's the sign of a dendrite, and when a battery starts doing that it has to be replaced. (There's nothing you can do to prevent it. I have 10year old batteries that are working fine, and I've had dendrites in batteries only weeks old - see Lithium Battery Dendrite links for more information. It's a big problem, and the industry is spending a lot of money to try to find a way to stop it.)