Gingerbread coming to Incredible 2

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm really pumped!
Be aware though that I'm still waiting for the OTA that my wife's ThunderBolt was sure to get on 6/30 :p

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Very excited! I truly hope this update will help improve the known signal strength issue.
Will it be version 2.3.4?

Last edited:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Well, the docs _are_ on the VZW support site. Things are starting to look more hopeful :)

As happy as I am about 2.3.3, I'd be just as pleased to get a couple of fixes for the weak signal reception and low speaker volume. There's nothing in the announcement that addresses this, so I'm hoping there will be a separate OTA update for bug fixes after 2.3.3 is released.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Very excited! I truly hope this update will help improve the known signal strength issue.
Will it be version 2.3.4?

Not to spoil the party but the same question was asked when the Incredible 1 went to Froyo. The update did not address that issue

While the signal bars are low and I live on the South Shore of Long Island I find the reception to be OK. In my opinion on this phone the signal graphics mean very little.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not to spoil the party but the same question was asked when the Incredible 1 went to Froyo. The update did not address that issue

While the signal bars are low and I live on the South Shore of Long Island I find the reception to be OK. In my opinion on this phone the signal graphics mean very little.

In my case, they do impact my call/3G quality. My wife and I were in a low coverage area and her Droid 1 had 3 bars while I was in and out of 1 to no bars. We both receive Red Sox inning text messages to our phones during games and her phone got them each inning. Mine came about 10 minutes late each time. I also noticed my internet was way slower than hers in that same low signal zone.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It's 2.3.3

Don't answer questions that you have no clue as to what the answer really is. In neither of those pdf files does it say anything about 2.3.4 or 2.3.3. It includes the build number and 2.3. Therefor you have no clue. Or at least give background as to how you know the answer.

hilmar2k#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
In my case, they do impact my call/3G quality. My wife and I were in a low coverage area and her Droid 1 had 3 bars while I was in and out of 1 to no bars. We both receive Red Sox inning text messages to our phones during games and her phone got them each inning. Mine came about 10 minutes late each time. I also noticed my internet was way slower than hers in that same low signal zone.

If you were a Yankee fan you would get your text before her