Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

I get to wait for a RUU or a pre-rooted version
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Gingerbread coming to Incredible 2

Anyone else getting a fc wen trying to open battery use in the settings

Quote Originally Posted by manyard77 View Post
    Nope. Works fine for me. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by manyard77 View Post
    No, no force close.

Is the gps better? Mine was horrible on the stock rom, and is amazing in cm7. Hoping its good for everyone now

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skyboxer View Post
    Is the gps better? Mine was horrible on the stock rom, and is amazing in cm7. Hoping its good for everyone now

Can't say, because I never had any problems with GPS other than the North/South compass issue. The compass problem is resolved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bohannjn View Post
    Can't say, because I never had any problems with GPS other than the North/South compass issue. The compass problem is resolved for me.
    Yeah my compass is fixed too. I might have to try that star gazing app again.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Less than impressed with the HTC Gingerbread update. I have a Droid X that was also recently updated to GB. I guess I expected some sort of update to Sense like Moto did with Blur. Oh well...I'm happy my DINC2 doesn't have all the bugs my X has. That's why I'm shipping out my X to eBay today...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Quote Originally Posted by wabyrd View Post
    Less than impressed with the HTC Gingerbread update. I have a Droid X that was also recently updated to GB. I guess I expected some sort of update to Sense like Moto did with Blur. Oh well...I'm happy my DINC2 doesn't have all the bugs my X has. That's why I'm shipping out my X to eBay today...
    I agree here. I was hoping HTC would have added some Sense updates too. Otherwise, I like it so far. It does seem to be a tad bit faster.

I'm not sure if I like the way the People app works now. It puts your Google+ contact right at the top and I have not found a way to remove it. All I want in my People are the ones I call, email or text. You can also now add you Facebook and Twitter contact to you peoples list now.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    I agree here. I was hoping HTC would have added some Sense updates too. Otherwise, I like it so far. It does seem to be a tad bit faster.

I'm not sure if I like the way the People app works now. It puts your Google+ contact right at the top and I have not found a way to remove it. All I want in my People are the ones I call, email or text. You can also now add you Facebook and Twitter contact to you peoples list now.
    I'm fairly certain People has always worked by integrating all syncing services.

My GPS's current location is now off by more more then half a mile after the update

Have updated to gingerbread. It's ok ....the inc2 was so good that it's hard to find much improvement.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Noob here, where is the compass you are all talking about?

SOMEBODY HELP!!! I have s-off on my Inc 2 and updated to the GB from Verizon, now my phone wont reboot....its stops loading with notification symbol above the little blue droid guy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Doesn't work us you have
    S-off
    Swyped on my HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Did you download the update? I did and now my phone wont turn on!!! Help Me!!!

You may want to start a new thread regarding your issue.

Hello! This may be a noob question, but where can I find this update? Is it an automatic thing through Verizon or do I need to manually download and install it

You should get a push notification when the update is available, certainly by tomorrow. Otherwise, go to Settings---->Software Update---->Check New

Still haven't gotten the update, hurry up verizon

Quote Originally Posted by stteve23 View Post
    Still haven't gotten the update, hurry up verizon
    Did you try checking manually from the "Settings" menu?

Soooo, about this new update.
    I got the message and chose not to update because I heard something about being able to take off all the bloatware with the current software, however new updates are always fun.

The issue is that I already have terrible service on my university campus so I'm not sure if there is any point in updating ( cause I dont want to run into any issues AND I wouldn't know how to go back.

Sooo does anyone think that this udpate is mandatory? Are there a lot of Force Close stuff?

Thank you! Hope this makes sense, for I am totally avoiding writing a paper for class thats due tomorrow. xP

Quote Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post
    Did you try checking manually from the "Settings" menu?
    Ive tried the manual update checker every day since it was released with no luck

Quote Originally Posted by stteve23 View Post
    Ive tried the manual update checker every day since it was released with no luck
    Same here.

Just did GB download via manual check for software update in Settings - several long lags during the download & update process, along with having to press "Okay" a few times to give permission for the update, which caused some concern that I'd created a brick.... but ultimate success AND I have noted immediately that speed of menu movement & browsing has increased significantly ...

Good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by mhalladay View Post
    Just did GB download via manual check for software update in Settings - several long lags during the download & update process, along with having to press "Okay" a few times to give permission for the update, which caused some concern that I'd created a brick.... but ultimate success AND I have noted immediately that speed of menu movement & browsing has increased significantly ...

Good so far!
    a quick update: I am having to re-enter login info for sites such as Netflix & Amazon Marketplace, so the update appears to wipe out app data - but I think that's a small price to pay for speed increase overall...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast