running apps.

liquid108

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi fourm people....i have a question to ask.i am new to the android phone,i have a increidble 2. today i went to work @6am with a full charge.i worked 8hrs and my phone had no charge left. is there a list of services that can be shut down.i am afarid to shut anything down.can anyone help me.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded advanced task killer froyo from the market. It gives you a list of what's running in the background and you can kill whatever programs you don't want to use. Also adjust your screen brightness and screen shut off time. I work 8 hours, 9 total of being without on charge and still have about 50% battery life left. This is using internet, games and playing music for about 3 hours

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded advanced task killer froyo from the market. It gives you a list of what's running in the background and you can kill whatever programs you don't want to use. Also adjust your screen brightness and screen shut off time. I work 8 hours, 9 total of being without on charge and still have about 50% battery life left. This is using internet, games and playing music for about 3 hours

I agree. Screen brightness is key to battery consumption. Also, signal strength, the phone draws more power to connect to the wireless network in low signal areas.

I use Watchdog. It gives me a breakdown of running apps and CPU usage. There may be several apps that are "running", but they do not consume system resources. They are just waiting in the background. When you call up the app, it should run quickly.

I usually keep screen brightness at 15-25% which is sufficient for indoor use. After about 7hrs, my battery bar turns yellow, and I swap out the battery. Batteries are about $30 on Amazon.

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't do anything drastic (like use a task killer) until you update to GingerBread. It has better battery management and a new tab in the app manager that lets you view memory usage by app. And yes, it will also let you kill any misbehaving apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol