Things Improved/Changed with GB

Cidman0123

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
None of my google apps work now and the market app is completly missing. Anyone else? Also, does anyone know how ot fix this?

Edit: On the bright side. North now points north....

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else's speaker seem louder. Before I could barely hear anyone if I was trying to use the speaker phone option and now I have had to turn it down.

I noticed quite an improvement in the speaker volume with the update, YAY!!!

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My name matches still seem to work

Name matches? Mine will give number matches but not names. Which isn't that useful for me since I don't know anyone's number :)

Anyone else weigh in on this? Would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed the speaker improvement.

Now, if I put a widget on top of another widget, the original widget is not moved to a free area. This didn't happen on my original Dinc and I don't think it happened before GB

We also seem to have the Android tips widget.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Some things that some people may not notice but I did when I had 2.3/4 on my Eris.

The way Settings->applications->manage applications and Settings->about phone->battery->battery use display now has more graphical information to it.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Where/What is this download manager? Is there a way to customize the way you sort things in the app drawer instead just alphabetically or when downloaded/used?

Cidman0123

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The assissted dialing that I had to change before to make calls from contacts now seems to work on the default setting. North points north in google maps now.

I know these aren't GB upgrades, but they're still nice :)

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Where/What is this download manager? Is there a way to customize the way you sort things in the app drawer instead just alphabetically or when downloaded/used?

In the apps there is one called downloads now. Green icon with the download arrow in white click it and it will show you everything in the download folder and allow for deleting of what ever is there. It seems like the only options for sorting in the app drawer is still alphabetical or most recent or oldest.

Reactions: Regulator

Endless Mike

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The GPS North/South glitch is fixed for me, now it can finally get a fix on my location.

Also, I use widgetlocker for my lockscreen as well as the pattern lock. It used to be that I would unlock via widgetlocker and solve the pattern lock to get into my phone. Now after the update I unlock widgetlocker and then the HTC unlock screen comes up and then the pattern lock. Anyone know a fix for this?

SoCal64

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same keyboard...I thought it was supposed to be different. No new animation for the lock screen either. Am I missing something?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope, you are not missing anything. This is what we get. I'm thinking the Sense keyboard is overriding the Gingerbread keyboard.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
After pressing the clock on the home screen the previous immovable No more undeletable Detroit as the Current Cityin the the world clock. Current time zone is now the location of the temperature reading.

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
WidgetLocker seems to be screwy for me as well. Also, the pattern unlock dots have a wider spacing now. It is much harder to draw my pattern one-handed.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The GPS North/South glitch is fixed for me, now it can finally get a fix on my location.

Also, I use widgetlocker for my lockscreen as well as the pattern lock. It used to be that I would unlock via widgetlocker and solve the pattern lock to get into my phone. Now after the update I unlock widgetlocker and then the HTC unlock screen comes up and then the pattern lock. Anyone know a fix for this?

Try disabling widget locker and re-enabling OR disable security and then re-enable.