Things Improved/Changed with GB

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the following Dinc2 post - GB changes

1) It does seems snappier. (Angry Birds seems smoother now!!)
2) New Quick settings on notifications bar
3) Better copy and past
4) Download manager

Anything else really that different?

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The typing seems kinda meh now. What I mean is the auto correct. Sometimes it won't give you a suggestion. Like just now I typed cjcrle but it should have given me the option of circle.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the floppy clock with weather widget? Click on the weather part, press your menu key then settings and turn off the sound effects.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed too much aside from quick settings tab on the notification bar. It does seem to run a bit snappier and smooth.

I had recently updated my wife's D-Pro to gingerbread and was not thrilled with the baby blue accents and white menus. I am so glad it didnt do that to my dinc2 :D

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't like what they've changed in the Peoples App. Now all your Google+ contacts are at the top and I cannot find a way to remove them. You can also have your Facebook and Twitter contacts in your All People list. These you can remove but I don't see a way to remove the Google+ from your All Peoples list.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
In the url address bar, tapping it once selects the entire url, then backspace deletes the whole thing, or you can start typing and the address automatically gets deleted. That's a major plus for me!

And my compass works.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
There were some apps that would not move to the SD Card with Froyo, now with the Gingerbread update I am able to move some to the SD card. Also, at the bottom of your Manage Apps list it now shows the Internal memory and updates as you move apps to and from the SD card. I like the feature.

hilmar2k#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
There were some apps that would not move to the SD Card with Froyo, now with the Gingerbread update I am able to move some to the SD card. Also, at the bottom of your Manage Apps list it now shows the Internal memory and updates as you move apps to and from the SD card. I like the feature.

Good catch!! I just moved a bunch of apps to my SD card.I only have a couple left that won't move.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the things mentioned. One other thing however, is when I go to compose a message and start to type in the name, matches no longer pop up. I miss this feature and don't know why they would take it out. Hopefully it's just a mistake and we will see it back.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm disappointed that we didn't get any of the visual changes of gingerbread. Like black notification bar and green signal and 3g icons. Also no sense 3.0 besides quick settings.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the things mentioned. One other thing however, is when I go to compose a message and start to type in the name, matches no longer pop up. I miss this feature and don't know why they would take it out. Hopefully it's just a mistake and we will see it back.

mine still gives me the matches :\

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else's speaker seem louder. Before I could barely hear anyone if I was trying to use the speaker phone option and now I have had to turn it down.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Name matches? Mine will give number matches but not names. Which isn't that useful for me since I don't know anyone's number :)

Anyone else weigh in on this? Would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.

Mine is still giving matches without a problem. Is it across messaging, Gmail, and email or is it just one of the apps? Also are you using the stock apps or third party apps?

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Name matches? Mine will give number matches but not names. Which isn't that useful for me since I don't know anyone's number :)

Anyone else weigh in on this? Would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.

mine gives me both the name and phone numbers. try restarting your phone.