Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Things Improved/Changed with GB

I've noticed the following Dinc2 post - GB changes

1) It does seems snappier. (Angry Birds seems smoother now!!)
    2) New Quick settings on notifications bar
    3) Better copy and past
    4) Download manager

Anything else really that different?

Default Re: Things Improved/Changed with GB

The typing seems kinda meh now. What I mean is the auto correct. Sometimes it won't give you a suggestion. Like just now I typed cjcrle but it should have given me the option of circle.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity 2.39

I notice an animation noise now every time I unlock it, know how to turn that off? I use swype so don't notice keyboard changes

Do you have the floppy clock with weather widget? Click on the weather part, press your menu key then settings and turn off the sound effects.

I haven't noticed too much aside from quick settings tab on the notification bar. It does seem to run a bit snappier and smooth.

I had recently updated my wife's D-Pro to gingerbread and was not thrilled with the baby blue accents and white menus. I am so glad it didnt do that to my dinc2

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_d View Post
    I notice an animation noise now every time I unlock it, know how to turn that off?
    Tap on the weather widget to open the weather app. Open the menu and select Settings. Uncheck Sound Effects.

I don't like what they've changed in the Peoples App. Now all your Google+ contacts are at the top and I cannot find a way to remove them. You can also have your Facebook and Twitter contacts in your All People list. These you can remove but I don't see a way to remove the Google+ from your All Peoples list.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

In the url address bar, tapping it once selects the entire url, then backspace deletes the whole thing, or you can start typing and the address automatically gets deleted. That's a major plus for me!

And my compass works.

There were some apps that would not move to the SD Card with Froyo, now with the Gingerbread update I am able to move some to the SD card. Also, at the bottom of your Manage Apps list it now shows the Internal memory and updates as you move apps to and from the SD card. I like the feature.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Facebook profile pics now show in the calendar widget for birthdays.

Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    There were some apps that would not move to the SD Card with Froyo, now with the Gingerbread update I am able to move some to the SD card. Also, at the bottom of your Manage Apps list it now shows the Internal memory and updates as you move apps to and from the SD card. I like the feature.
    Good catch!! I just moved a bunch of apps to my SD card.I only have a couple left that won't move.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

I have noticed the things mentioned. One other thing however, is when I go to compose a message and start to type in the name, matches no longer pop up. I miss this feature and don't know why they would take it out. Hopefully it's just a mistake and we will see it back.

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

Yeah I'm disappointed that we didn't get any of the visual changes of gingerbread. Like black notification bar and green signal and 3g icons. Also no sense 3.0 besides quick settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    I have noticed the things mentioned. One other thing however, is when I go to compose a message and start to type in the name, matches no longer pop up. I miss this feature and don't know why they would take it out. Hopefully it's just a mistake and we will see it back.
    mine still gives me the matches :\
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

There's a connected media app now which I guess means some wireless connectivity.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Is it just me or does anyone else's speaker seem louder. Before I could barely hear anyone if I was trying to use the speaker phone option and now I have had to turn it down.
    TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hachiroku13954 View Post
    The typing seems kinda meh now. What I mean is the auto correct. Sometimes it won't give you a suggestion. Like just now I typed cjcrle but it should have given me the option of circle.
    Give Swiftkeys a try.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

mine still gives me the matches :\
    Name matches? Mine will give number matches but not names. Which isn't that useful for me since I don't know anyone's number

Anyone else weigh in on this? Would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Name matches? Mine will give number matches but not names. Which isn't that useful for me since I don't know anyone's number

Anyone else weigh in on this? Would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.
    Mine is still giving matches without a problem. Is it across messaging, Gmail, and email or is it just one of the apps? Also are you using the stock apps or third party apps?

mine gives me both the name and phone numbers. try restarting your phone.

None of my google apps work now and the market app is completly missing. Anyone else? Also, does anyone know how ot fix this?

Edit: On the bright side. North now points north....

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cidman0123 View Post
    None of my google apps work now and the market app is completly missing. Anyone else? Also, does anyone know how ot fix this?
    Unfortunately it is probably time for a hard reset.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vudumedic View Post
    Mine is still giving matches without a problem. Is it across messaging, Gmail, and email or is it just one of the apps? Also are you using the stock apps or third party apps?
    mine gives me both the name and phone numbers. try restarting your phone.
    Ok, I did a restart and same thing. This is the stock messaging software.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudumedic View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else's speaker seem louder. Before I could barely hear anyone if I was trying to use the speaker phone option and now I have had to turn it down.
    I noticed quite an improvement in the speaker volume with the update, YAY!!!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

My name matches still seem to work

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast