Dust and creaking battery cover

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone under 2 weeks ago and it already has dust under screen and a really creaky battery cover. If I take it to a Verizon store will they do anything about any of that? Will they give me a refurb if they do swap it? I got it from Amazon btw, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same thing with the dust around the screen and under the chin of the phone. I need to figure out a way to get all that out of there.

mmaaddict78

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a creaky battery cover also, I put a piece of electrical tape on the battery in that corner and that seems to have solved it. As far as dust under the screen, the screen will come off and your lcd panel will be under that outer screen. That's where the dust is settling. I haven't tried taking the screen off, but I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

EDIT: I mean I put the tape in the creaking corner under the battery cover, not right on the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikells43

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone under 2 weeks ago and it already has dust under screen and a really creaky battery cover. If I take it to a Verizon store will they do anything about any of that? Will they give me a refurb if they do swap it? I got it from Amazon btw, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

if you tack it to verizon a tech there can clean it out for you.:)