Pandora Clicking/Popping Problem

e36andy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I have already tried searching this issue on many different forums and cant really find a fix. I had a hunch that it was a froyo problem but after upgrading to gingerbread on the incredible 2 i am still having the problem...

Its defenitely some kind of Android OS coding problem. Even on pandoras troubleshoot guide it says its an AAC+ problem with the android phones.

Please let me know if anyone has heard of a fix for this.

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Pandora daily and have not had any popping or clicking sounds. When does it happen? Are you using a headset? Does it happen with the phone speaker? Do you have a blue tooth streaming device?

e36andy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well actually I have some good news. Before I got my dinc2 I was using a blackberry that died out on me and I had a motor droid1 as a loaner.. it had 2.2 and I realized the Pandora was making weird sounds.

After a lot of research there was apparently an AAC coding problem with froyo that wad even addressed buy Google and Pandora.

After getting my phone I heard a similar problem. A.d even with updating to gingerbread it didn't go away.

Anyway ling story short I emailed Pandora and the guy told me to try switching it to "high quality" in the settings and voila good bye popping!

Sorry for the long post I'm just excited Haha :)