AOL server not responding

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just fired up my new Dinc2 . Keeps giving me a "server not responding" message when trying to set up my aol account.

Any ideas?

jif0009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Dinc2 for one week now and I've experienced this issue with my gmail. I was lucky enough to get my email setup though...now I'm just not receiving any messages. And when I try to update the settings (such as update my password), all I get is error messages. I can't even delete the account...either says 'cannot connect to server' or simply 'null'. When I called customer service they had me do the usual (battery pulls, factory resets, etc.)...it seems like the factory reset fixed the problem and I had no issues over the weekend. But today I haven't received one gmail message on my phone.

I'd say this is a problem with the mail app on the phone (I am receiving the messages using the Gmail app), but all my other accounts (syncs with 3 other emails) are working perfectly. I don't really want to use a second email app because I like having everything together...but you would think gmail would work okay on a google phone.

Any other fixes? Or is it time to return the phone?

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just solved the problem by using the "other " option when setting it up on the "choose a mail provider" prompt and put in my account info. That didnt work for my Yahoo email though.

jif0009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just solved the problem by using the "other " option when setting it up on the "choose a mail provider" prompt and put in my account info. That didnt work for my Yahoo email though.
Thanks hunterp.

I'm trying that with my gmail now...so far so good. I actually have messges in my folder this time. I'll give it another day or two to see how it works. If it's still acting up, I'm switching phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR