Incredible 2 won't pull GB

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to set up my boss' new Incredible 2 and it won't seem to update to Gingerbread. I keep clicking on Check new under Software Update and it either shows it's checking and then closes after a minute or two or comes back with a message that says SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. Any suggestions? The phone is on 3G with good reception so not sure what the problem is. Can this update be downloaded manually? Just running out of ideas as I never had these sorts of problems on my Droid X.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Might be a problem on Verizon's end if you are getting a "service unavailable" message. Your boss should be able to take it into a Verizon store and have them put GB on.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
It's really annoying. I will try taking it to the store tomorrow and hope they can manually load it. Customer service was zero help.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I was just about to take it to the Verizon store and sure enough the update pops up. Very strange but glad to avoid the trip to the store.

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
mine just came up about 3 hours ago after the same problem. prolly a server issue with verizon or could be that i finally got into an area with a good signal

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend's DInc2 still has not received the Gingerbread OTA. Checking results in nothing. I think it's because I have a Thunderbolt so her DInc2 feels bad and is choosing to punish itself.

Ugh. Sorry. Needed to vent.