Marketplace won't open

gardner.946

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to open the marketplace the screen flashes white and the just returns to the home screen. I have tried restarting the phone and force closing the marketplace but it still won't open. I have been waiting to see if it was something to do with the update but now that the Netflix app is out I figured I'd ask if anyone knew how to fix it.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue. Check your accounts & sync in settings. Does your Google account have a red sync icon? I couldn't get my Google account to sync when I first got the phone which in turn wouldn't let me use the market. Mine just started working after like 3 hours and 7 factory resets. After it started working though a lot of stuff just wasn't working right. I did one final factory reset a couple days later and now everything is working great.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to open the marketplace the screen flashes white and the just returns to the home screen. I have tried restarting the phone and force closing the marketplace but it still won't open. I have been waiting to see if it was something to do with the update but now that the Netflix app is out I figured I'd ask if anyone knew how to fix it.
I would try un installing the market updates

gardner.946

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
is your google account different than your gmail account? I didn't have either of them for some reason so I re added my gmail account which didn't fix it. There wasn't an option to add a google account. Also I don't have any market updates to uninstall.

gardner.946

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
so i just realized gmail isn't working either and have came to the conclusion the phone definatly managed to somehow lose my google account. Does anyone know how i can add it back?

gardner.946

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
when i try to re add it I get "warning: the account name already exists." And I'm pretty sure that it was the google music app that deleted my account the more I think about it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you might have to do a reset. It sometimes happens after an OTA. They try hard to avoid users having to do it, but sometimes it's the only answer.

Your pictures and stuff should already be on the SD card by default on the DInc2. If your contacts are Phone Contacts instead of Gmail contacts, you will want to back them up from the People App -> Menu -> Import/export -> Export to SD card.

Make a quick note of what apps you have that you really like, the market will remember any paid apps, but not the free one's. Also make a note of how your screens are set up. It will make setting up your phone again a lot easier.

Then under Menu -> Settings -> SD and phone storage you should see Factory reset.

This will clear all the data from the phone but not the SD card. When you reboot you will walk through the setup again and you can login with your Gmail account.

Sorry dude. It's a PITA, but in the long run it should be a better phone overall.

Reactions: gardner.946

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers