1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing email ringtones & using MP3s

Is there a way to have a different ringtone for each email address? I get home and tech support emails on my phone so I would like to have different tones for each so I know when it's tech support.

Also, is there any way to use a custom ringtone for email or texts? I have MP3 ringtones I used with my BlackBerry that I would like to use with the new Droid.

Thanks!

Default Re: Changing email ringtones & using MP3s

are you asking if their is a way to have a separate notification for each incoming email address or for your different email addresses?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    are you asking if their is a way to have a separate notification for each incoming email address or for your different email addresses?
    A different notification for each email account I have on my Droid. I have 5 email accounts that I use on it.

i think you would just choose each individual address then go into settings and change the notification
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    i think you would just choose each individual address then go into settings and change the notification
    Under the account, the only choices I get are to turn notifications, sound or vibrate on/off. No choices to change the individual ringtone that I can find.

when you go to settings there is an option for select ringtone

are you using the gmail app or the htc email app?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I use the app called Mail, so I guess it's the HTC app. I don't use GMail, only have an account for backup purposes.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I'm trying out the K-9 email app. It seems to have a lot more capabilities including different color LEDs for each account and different ringtones. I still can't find a way to use MP3s as ringtones for email or texts, only for the phone. I really miss my "You've got mail baby, yeah" Austin Powers ring.

yeah i don't really know much about the mail app. i use gmail