How do you take a screen shot?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Android noob wondering why its such a pain in the butt to do screen shots? I shouldn't have to root my system or use desktop software. What's the big deal? BB and Apple make it pretty easy.

I'm on an updated-to gingerbread dinc2.

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's stupid too. On my BB it was an option I'm the menu after one app install. No hacking no ish no computers. IPhone is even easier...wtf android? Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome phone but why can't it just take a screenshot without a bunch of be? /rant

Last edited:

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it works on the Incredible 2, but there's a really great app called "Shoot Me" that I used on my previous Droid for great screen shots.

Edit: Never mind... doesn't work.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Try an app called no root screenshot it in the market. Its a paid application but atleast it doesn't require root.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Reactions: Brennb#AC

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the works on the incredible 2 but it works on my flyer with OS 2.3.3. To take a screenshot press the power button and while holding it immediately press the home button. That's it! I hope this works for you all.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Pressing power makes it sleep. If I hold it it asks if I want to shut down etc. Wish it was that simple.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed there's a screenshot folder on the SD card. There must be a way. Is this new after gb update?

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Try an app called no root screenshot it in the market. Its a paid application but atleast it doesn't require root.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.
This worked for me but if you have to power down for any reason you can't screen shot til you can hook up to a pc and open it up again. :-\

I'm not sure if the works on the incredible 2 but it works on my flyer with OS 2.3.3. To take a screenshot press the power button and while holding it immediately press the home button. That's it! I hope this works for you all.

I rememberr doing something similar on the Fascinate on 2.2 but was incosistent. I just tried on the Inc and so far no.... but hmmm maybe I'll go through some combinations. Thanks for reminding me

sgiitk

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone using AlhphaRevX/Beta/2 (now revolutionary.io) and then use my old favourite ShootMe. By the looks of it if you rooted in Froyo, the S-off survives into Gingerbread.

Confirmed: Just remember the root will be lost and the procedure for GB is totally different. I am now on 2.3.3. Battery life is really up.

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear, even if im rooted and get the app, I have to be hooked up to a USB/computer to take the screen shot? that's so friggin CaveMan. why is it so difficult to do? and yes, it is difficult compared to BB and iphone.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
No, the root apps place the Screenshot directly onto your sd card. Some of the open source roms have a Screenshot utility built in.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Drocap 2. Used it on my OG Moto Droid, Droid X, DINC, and my DINC 2. It's a freebie and it works great. Must have root. Don't have to connect to computer.

It's not hard to root your DINC2, just follow the directions in one of the sticky posts in the forums.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with kirkiscool. Having to root the phone just to take a screenshot is BS. For the most part I like the Android OS but there are LOTS of little things (like this) that I miss from my BlackBerry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol