Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Shiny

Default Anyone else not seeing contacts in Google Navigation?

I never tried this since I last did a factory reset but now when I open Google Nav and click contacts it tells me:

"You don't have any contacts with addresses. You can add new contacts or set addresses for existing contacts in the contacts app."

I have plenty of contacts with addresses. I can go to the contact, click their address to go to Google Maps, then click navigation and that works.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else not seeing contacts in Google Navigation?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    I never tried this since I last did a factory reset but now when I open Google Nav and click contacts it tells me:

"You don't have any contacts with addresses. You can add new contacts or set addresses for existing contacts in the contacts app."

I have plenty of contacts with addresses. I can go to the contact, click their address to go to Google Maps, then click navigation and that works.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
    Yup. Same here. I know it worked last week on my phone but today (and since the 5.8 Maps update seemingly), I get the same message you note above.

As a work around you can navigate/call up maps from any contact's address. An extra step, but it works.

I also checked out another phone I have with an older version of Maps app and the issue is not there. I can still see all my contacts in the Nav app.

I'm guessing it's a bug in the new version of Maps.

Same issue here after update. If I uninstall the update, they're back!
    EVO 3D
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Shiny

Ok, glad to know it isn't my phone or the Inc2 in general.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Posted a bug report for this over in the Google Mobile help group for Maps. Hopefully they can address it in the next release.

Seems to be happening on a lot of phones. Lots of posts about it in lots of places.

Great testing, Google. Do no evil.

Droid 3.
    Motorola Droid III - Stock
    Nook Color - Froyo on microSD card
    Acrobotica.com - Wasting Time since 2010

Yes please, me too I have the same problem.

HTC Droid Incredible, Verizon, Android 2.2, Map 5.8.0, Can't navigate to Contacts, gives error:

"You don't have any contacts with addresses" "You can add new contacts or set addresses for existing contacts in the Contacts app"

Rolling back to Maps 4.4.0 fixed the problem.

HEY GOOGLE FIX YER THING IT'S BROKEN

Any e-mail for fix would be welcome. I already realize I can workaround by going to my Contacts first. Think I'll stick with Maps 4.4.0 for now.

Thanks

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Same here, hope they get it fixed soon

HiddenPuppy

Oh crap, I am now seeing this too. How do I roll back to an old version? I have titanium backup installed and have been backing up religiously, but when I look, it seems like there is only version 5.8.0?

EDIT: crap I feel stupid. Only one version in titanium backup cuz I was running the free version - one backup max per app

Well, I found a copy of 5.7.0 somewhere and installed that. Back to having contacts until google gets its act together...

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else not seeing contacts in Google Navigation?

If you go to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications (select All at top), then scroll down to Maps and select it, you should see a pick for "Uninstall Updates". I selected it and it removed the most recent update and I have all of the contacts appearing.

Every time you go to the Market it will show that Maps needs to be updated. Don't update it untill they come out with a fix. If you do you will have to do the above procedue again.

Let me know if this works for you.

Wink Re: Anyone else not seeing contacts in Google Navigation?

I uninstalled the "maps" update, and my navigator started working as usual. I also had to reboot my phone after the "maps" update uninstall. All is well in my world now. =) Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. =) Very happy!!!!