Turn off Notification sounds?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If I go to settings/notification sounds there is no "none" setting. I want this. How can I have phone calls loud and vibrate but everything else vibrate only?

Thanks

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to go into the individual apps themselves and turn the sounds off. For example, you have to go into the Gmail app and turn off the Gmail notification sounds, you have to go into the messaging app to turn off messaging notification sounds ect.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok so started with gmail. There its the same thing. No option for no sound. It's "pick a sound" just like in the main settings. It's probably gonna be the same everywhere else. Does RIM have a patent on logical sound settings?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so started with gmail. There its the same thing. No option for no sound. It's "pick a sound" just like in the main settings. It's probably gonna be the same everywhere else. Does RIM have a patent on logical sound settings?

Usually there is an option to receive a sound notification that you have to uncheck.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In gmail...there is a "on/off for notifications, which I want on because I want it to vibrate, but in "choose notification sound" there is no way to choose silent or no sound. Is my request unusual?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: gmail does have a silent setting...so did everything else. Just wonder if the notification status bar ringtone will over write it.

Thanks for the help

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
where did you find the silent setting?

Someone said it above, open every app with notifications. In settings for each anywhere it says choose sound or choose ringtone pick the ringtone called "silent"

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Won't going into the sound settings and turning the volume for notifications all the way down accomplish that?

It doesn't work like that. Settings/ sounds/ notification.... Choices are on or off and if you choose on, you get to pick a ringtone for notifications...and there is no choice for silent. On my dinc2 anyway. Running gingerbread update. Unrooted.

Although each individual app has similar settings, but with a sound choice called silent.

hilmar2k#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work like that. Settings/ sounds/ notification.... Choices are on or off and if you choose on, you get to pick a ringtone for notifications...and there is no choice for silent. On my dinc2 anyway. Running gingerbread update. Unrooted.

Although each individual app has similar settings, but with a sound choice called silent.

Huh? Maybe I am missing something.

Menu -> Settings -> Sound ->Volume

Doesn't that get you where you need to be?

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
settings > Sound > notifacation

then while on that list use your volume rockers to turn it all the way down to vibrate or nothing..whatever you want to do.

You're Welcome.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Dinc 2 running 2.3.3

There is no option to turn off sounds in gmail. I cant find a silent option under settings either.

So how to silence gmail?

Joey

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was saying the same thing..do what the previous posters said. Under the main sound settings under volume. Use the slider for notificstions and lower it

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I turned off the email notifications on my Boost Max by going to settings, ACCOUNTS-Email. Once I got into the email settings, I unchecked the sync box. It will read "Sync is OFF" and there will be no more email notifications.

Cathy23

May 22, 2014
Visit site
You have to go into the individual apps. Hit whatever mail system you use then go into the settings for that app. It will say notification and you choose from there. I know it works I just did it for Yahoo Mail and Facebook.

carib909

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Someone said it above, open every app with notifications. In settings for each anywhere it says choose sound or choose ringtone pick the ringtone called "silent"

That doesn't work! Amazon Kindle doesn't have any sound setting, yet a notification sounds when they send their spam. Same for many other apps. Is this phone specific?

gr4v17y

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
If I go to settings/notification sounds there is no "none" setting. I want this. How can I have phone calls loud and vibrate but everything else vibrate only?

Thanks

Install Megasound from play store and thats all. You can change sound to other one or silent it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia