Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris3D
  • 1 Post By thekylebrody
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

Default Turned Down for Droid Charge Replacement..?

So I called VZW technical support today and informed them on how the problems that occurred in EDO4 were still occurring for me in EDO5. I was told I was eligible to replace my device with a Droid Charge & that the only thing I had to do was go place my order at a VZW Corporate branch..
    I went to my local VZW Branch and they said they are unable to place an order for a charge that the only thing they are capable of doing is giving me another fascinate, so I got back on the phone with tech support an told them the situation only to be told that they had made a mistake & that the replacement offer program was only available til July 28th.. But because of my circumstances they could offer me an Incredible 2..

Which is Bull**** & also seems fishy..
    Would like to hear your thoughts
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Default Re: Turned Down for Droid Charge Replacement..?

Quote Originally Posted by thekylebrody View Post
    So I called VZW technical support today and informed them on how the problems that occurred in EDO4 were still occurring for me in EDO5. I was told I was eligible to replace my device with a Droid Charge & that the only thing I had to do was go place my order at a VZW Corporate branch..
    I went to my local VZW Branch and they said they are unable to place an order for a charge that the only thing they are capable of doing is giving me another fascinate, so I got back on the phone with tech support an told them the situation only to be told that they had made a mistake & that the replacement offer program was only available til July 28th.. But because of my circumstances they could offer me an Incredible 2..

Which is Bull**** & also seems fishy..
    Would like to hear your thoughts
    Thanks

You should just be glad they offered you anything as a replacement other than another fascinate. Just because some people were getting charge's doesn't mean you should. The charge is a much better phone not to mention the inc 2 is a pretty good phone(some saying one of the best on verizon) not to mention if you are into rooting and that it has a nice dev following. Also I am on my 6th tb and they still said they would only replace it with another tb so yeah atleast be happy they are offering you a phone with no issues.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Get over it and be happy you don't have to deal with another fascinate.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

Idk if your understanding what I'm saying....???? Haha.......
    They offered me one device. Told me to go place the order for it. And then took the device I was offered away as even an option to give me the lesser quality, price value, non 4G device.

Yeah I'm glad to replace my fascinate but Verizon's runaround was unnecessary..

Guess you didn't comprehend the moral of the story..??

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I had a similar situation happen to me. I was told I could have the charge for free, turned out someone was confused and it almost cost me to pay $300 and lose my upgrade.

I am not about to cry that Verizon gave me a brand new phone for free neither should you...

Just saying.....

And the moral of the story is....get a confirmation number and the name of the VZW rep that told you to get the charge in the first place
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Idk if your understanding what I'm saying....???? Haha.......
    They offered me one device. Told me to go place the order for it. And then took the device I was offered away as even an option to give me the lesser quality, price value, non 4G device.

Yeah I'm glad to replace my fascinate but Verizon's runaround was unnecessary..

Do you have a 4 get phone now? No then be happy you get anything other than a fascinate you should have got an email or something for confirmation.

At this point just be happy Verizon is giving you anything at all. Yes we get it they pulled a bait and switch. But like everyone has said, you're getting something other than the facinate. That should be enough.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

After the Fascinate, I don't know why you'd even want another Samsung phone at all. The Charge is being reported to be just as buggy as the Fascinate which kinda defeats the whole purpose of Verizon's offer. Seems you just want to get something for nothing in the form of 4G capabilities.

So a rep offered a phone they shouldn't have. They're still offering you a newer phone (than the Fascinate) that in almost every way is superior to said Fascinate. You'll get a front facing camera, better battery life, better build quality, better software, etc. I wouldn't be complaining, I'd be jumping on the offer before they completely end it and offer you nothing but a refurbished Fascinate.
    imartez likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

Droid Charge is a Semi departure from the flawed Fascinate & is actually capable of recieving phone calls while being A nice spec bump with 4G.
    Don't see why I wouldn't want it??
    For the possibility of resale value when a Galaxy S2 variant reaches VZW..

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

Droid Charge is a Semi departure from the flawed Fascinate & is actually capable of recieving phone calls while being A nice spec bump with 4G.
    Don't see why I wouldn't want it??
    For the possibility of resale value when a Galaxy S2 variant reaches VZW..

Resale I understand,but as far as problems the charge is still just as bad. Bad call quality,random no data even though it says it has data,blutooth problems. The charge is basically a fascinate with 4g.The call quality from randomly the other person can't hear you or just garbled calls. So the inc2 may not have 4g but it has no where near as many problems.Trust me I have both don't ask long story,no im not rich just got lucky.Im thinking about swicthing back to the inc2 until they patch the charge.So get it before your stuck with the fascinate.

Also Samsung is the slowest of all major phone companies to have updates.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

I suspect he comprehended the moral of the story just fine - someone made a mistake and offered you a phone that they shouldn't have and caused you a minor inconvenience. They still did more than they had to in giving you a newer and far superior phone to the one you purchased and you still found a reason to complain. So the moral is: some people just can't be pleased.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    I suspect he comprehended the moral of the story just fine - someone made a mistake and offered you a phone that they shouldn't have and caused you a minor inconvenience. They still did more than they had to in giving you a newer and far superior phone to the one you purchased and you still found a reason to complain. So the moral is: some people just can't be pleased.

The moral was how bad my time with tech support & customer service was and that they had no reason to withdraw the phone they orig offered me.
    Not me being inconvienced.
    Or about what new device I recieve..
    If it was one fascinate w/ probs that's fine but 5-6 replacements and no resolution? Then offer a new device only to take the offer away with no real reason? Thats where my issue is..

I'm happy to recieve a non-problematic fas or Droid Incredible 2 Idc.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

The problem is you guys are jumping to the conclusion I'm unhappy with receiving Dinc2 instead of Charge and that's not it..
    I'm more than satisfied with the device options just confused at verizons unnecessary & unexplained runaround..

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

The problem is you guys are jumping to the conclusion I'm unhappy with receiving Dinc2 instead of Charge and that's not it..
    I'm more than satisfied with the device options just confused at verizons unnecessary & unexplained runaround..

I wasn't attacking you.Im sure your happy to get a new phone. It does suck when you get your hopes up like that.I was just saying hurry up and take the deal before your stuck with the fascinate.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

I received my Inc2 and am so far pleased!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Brennb#AC likes this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    After the Fascinate, I don't know why you'd even want another Samsung phone at all.
    THIS

After the clusterfoxtrot that was the Fascinate, I'll never own a Samsung anything ever again.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

If Verizon is referring you to a store with a promise of anything other than the same device they are likely just trying to get you off the phone. If they are going to give you something else, it will be done over the phone. Now the fascinate issues they were referring to the store, but anytime a VZW rep tells me to go to the store, I make sure they call the store with me on the line and clear it with the manager and have the manager's info before going.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

I understand I should've done that now but I already have my brand new Droid Incredible 2 & love it!

Sent from my Droid Incredible Jr. via Tapatalk

I just went throught he Fascinate circus myself. I had VZW replace the Fascinate 4 times and still bug after bug after bug. I called on Tuesday and said I wanted a different phone. They first told me I could only have another Fascinate because the software update last week fixed everything. I told them that was not good enough. Got the Incredbile 2 a couple of days ago, still learning it but so far so good! Really liking Gingerbread so far. Don't want 4G until they figure out how to stop killing the battery. Try the Incredible 2. So far for me it is far exceeding the Fascinate!

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I understand I should've done that now but I already have my brand new Droid Incredible 2 & love it!

Sent from my Droid Incredible Jr. via Tapatalk
    It sucks that you had to deal with the run-around. Someone at Verizon dropped the ball or they knew you would not have been upgraded to a Charge. Glad you are happy with the DInc2 at the moment.

Sent from my wildheroc using Tapatalk

I got the Fascinate in January, and exchanged it after 2 days of attempting to use it. Horrible phone. I went through three DX's before they offered me the Incredible 2 at the end of July. Absolutely LOVE this phone! Hope you learn to love it too.

I have Charge and am happy even with the problems. Daughter has that snappy Dinc2 and she loves it. Another good friend has Fascinate and she is really happy with it. Another friend has the Commando and he really likes it. There is lots of good phones to choose from I think. I'm not prejudiced. I needed Charge for vision and keyboard size mainly. Different phones for different folks I guess! I'm in this section of the forum to check for compatibility between Din2 and Charge with Tango. Otherwise I would have missed it!
    Last edited by GramieDroid; 08-13-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: want to add more.