Dinc2 vs DX

RadRacer513

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got an email saying I can get a Dinc2 for free. I currently have a DX running Liberty 2.0, and love it, but I'm always for upgrading :p. I'm a multi-tasker; I don't do alot of HD video recording/watching, but I do like the 8MP Camera (for pics of my son mostly), which it looks like the Dinc2 has too. So, persuade me to come to the HTC side of things; or not, and I'll just stick with my DX :p.

My wife has a Fascinate and hates it, so she's trying to get in on an upgrade. Whichever phone I give her, I'm not getting back :p. So, which should I keep, or should I just hold out for something different/newer?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
They both run miui and cm7, I happen to think the dinc2 is one slick phone. I won't do hardware button lined phones again. My bro has a dinc1 and it is fast and smooth. Don't get hung on what is best, just get what you like and be happy. There are super phones around the corner though.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Incredible is unlocked so you can do more if you root , camera is better on htc devices id say comes down to screen size and whether you root or not

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Beware if you need root. At this point in time, most all dinc2s that are sold will have gingerbread pre-installed. Currently there is no method to obtain root through software for the GB build. So if it comes with GB you could not get root without buying an XTC clip and setting s-off permanently.

That said, owning both phones, there are things I like about both. The DX screen is a little bigger, but the dinc2 is brighter. The dinc2 has a better camera and better battery life. The DX gets better reception. My dinc2 is consistently about 20dbm lower than the DX. Never missed a call yet though. The DX has a louder speaker. The dinc2 runs a little smoother for most UI operations, most likely due to the slightly more advanced GPU and more RAM. They are both great phones and I like them both. I am currently happy with the dinc2 although I miss the X at times.

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually traded my DX in for a DInc2 complements of Verizon's awesome customer service. I went through 3 horrible DX's since January, and the CSR told me that the issues I kept having were "known issues" to motorola. I am so incredibly happy with my Droid Incredible 2! ITS INCREDIBLE! :cool: My fiance has the original Motorla Droid and he keeps trying to "borrow" my DInc 2. His contract is up this month so he may be getting a DInc2 ( or a Bionic).

I think its a really great phone. I BARELY notice the screen size difference. My only frustration with the DInc 2 is that it is very very quiet on its blue tooth settings and speaker phone settings.

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones & like ABQNM said the reception on the x is slightly better & louder but deff. Not a deal breaker. The x has alot of random reboots after the gb update & freezes alot that result in battery pull. My opinion go for the inc.2 it is a really good phone & the battery life is better than any phone I've had ( 36 hrs) & runs so so smooth .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital