Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Finding the "My Files" folder?

    New to the Droid Incredible 2 from the Fascinate, and I am having a hard time finding the "My Files" folder (or that's that it was called on the Fascinate). Any help with finding this would be great.

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default

    There is no built in file manager. You'll need to download one from the market. Might I suggest Astro

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    BFMV 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Oh ok, thanks man, I will give that I try.

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Vudumedic's Avatar

    Posts
    473 Posts
    ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    What files are you trying to find?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vudumedic View Post
    What files are you trying to find?
    all my files, like music, photos, downloads, etc.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Quote Originally Posted by BFMV View Post
    all my files, like music, photos, downloads, etc.
    Astro, ES File Manager, OI File manager are ones I've used. You can also access these files by plugging the phone into your computer.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    Astro, ES File Manager, OI File manager are ones I've used. You can also access these files by plugging the phone into your computer.
    Oh ok, do you have a recommendation out of those three file managers or are they all about equal? Also do you know if there is a built in task manager (didn't notice one) or should I download one from the market?

    Thanks, I appreciate it!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    There is no built in File manager. I prefer Astro File manager. They're all free from the market. Download them all and try each. Remove the ones you don't want.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    There is no built in File manager. I prefer Astro File manager. They're all free from the market. Download them all and try each. Remove the ones you don't want.
    Yeah, but is there no built in task manager too? No big deal, just wondering if I needed to download a task manager app as well. I don't use task killers, but used the task manager on the Fascinate that I had.

    Thanks
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    no there is no "task manager" but you can go into settings>applications>manage applications and force stop applications from there. You can also see what services are running in the Running tab.

    You shouldn't need to force stop applications unless they are locked up. I have to do this every so often with problem apps like facebook. But the android system manages memory very well. So you don't have to worry about running out of available memory.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Finding the "My Files" folder?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    no there is no "task manager" but you can go into settings>applications>manage applications and force stop applications from there. You can also see what services are running in the Running tab.

    You shouldn't need to force stop applications unless they are locked up. I have to do this every so often with problem apps like facebook. But the android system manages memory very well. So you don't have to worry about running out of available memory.
    Ah ok, sounds good, thanks man!

Posting Permissions

B