Please Help - Alarm Clock Gone

rchel234

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the alarm clock on my Inc2 by just tapping on the clock on the main screen and going to the alarm clock. I went to go set it last night, I tapped on the clock, and nothing happened. I can't get to the alarm clock anymore.

Has anyone had this issue before and if so, how do you fix it? This is my only alarm clock, so I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance for your help!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Search this forum, there are lots of posts regarding this. This bug started with the Gingerbread update.

Do a factory reset. This should fix the issue. Some have reported the bug returns after the reset though.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
When did you get your phone? It's possible that it shipped with 2.3.3 already installed. When I was on Froyo, I didn't have this problem. I rooted then upgraded to the stock OTA Gingerbread update (minus the bloatware). I had my alarm clock for about two weeks on the Gingerbread update. Then it was just gone. There Friday, gone Monday. I contacted HTC, and they escalated the case. I'm told it's a known issue, and they are working on a fix. I have since moved on to other ROMs (currently on a vanilla GB ROM), but I just wanted to share what I know.

Bryan

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings > About Phone > Software Information. What Android version is showing? If it's 2.3.3 you have Gingerbread. If you have 2.2 you have Froyo.

I did not start hearing of this alarm clock issue until the GB update came out.

rchel234

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I get it to come back? Or do I just need to download an alarm clock app? I hate that this happened - I really relied on that alarm clock!

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
How do I get it to come back? Or do I just need to download an alarm clock app? I hate that this happened - I really relied on that alarm clock!

A factory reset will work (at least initially), but HTC specifically told me not to do a factory reset for this issue. I downloaded Alarm Clock Xtreme from the market, and it works well. You can use that or something like it until HTC can release an update to fix this.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Tap the house at the bottom left to get to your home screen. Click the menu button (second one in from the left looks like three horizontal lines). Select settings. Click the privacy selection (looks like a picket fence). Make sure that back up my settings and automatic restore are selected (green checks inside the boxes). Hit the back button (the little arrow next to the menu button). Go to accounts and sync (two green arrows in a circle). Click sync all at the bottom. Hopefully you either have all your contacts through your Google e-mail address or you are using Verizon's back-up assistant. If they helped you set up your phone in store and transferred all your contacts from an old phone the the back-up assistant is most likely already running but be sire you see it in the list of all the items synchronizing when you choose sync all. If you don't stop here and let us know so we can get your contacts backed up before going on. Now once you know longer see the two arrows going in a circle up in the notification area (the bar at the top of the screen where your battery indicator and signal bars are), you have successfully synced all your info the servers they need to be on. Here's where it gets tough, if you go on you will have to set your phone up all over again meaning any customization to the home screens signing into any of your apps excetra. Thanks to an update included in gingerbread all the apps you have downloaded to this point should restore themselves when you are all done. You may want to take a minute though and jot down a quick list of all of them that you have downloaded. Click home select your app drawer (the four by four square of dots next to the phone button. The third choice over from the left touch it so the circle with the downward pointing arrow is green and make a list of those apps that are shown. Now you have to choose if you are going to go through with the factory reset or not. If you choose to then go back to the settings menu. Hit the home button then on the home screen hit the menu button and choose settings. Oh another important point to think about before you do the reset. Do you have the unlimited data plan (did you get a data plan on your phone before July 7th)? If not and for ease and speed you may want to have a wifi connection available to connect your phone to before continuing. In the SD&Phone storage tab in the settings look at the very bottom. It says factory data reset. Click this and follow the prompts. Your phone is now restoring itself to the state it shipped from the factory in. When it is done you will see it at the welcome screen where you have to choose a language to work in. Choose your preferred language and follow the prompts. It is going to go through activation on Verizon's network and then prompt you to sign into your Google account. When you have made it all the way through and your phone has finished restoring you should have all your downloaded apps back and be good to go. You will be able to access your alarm clock again and you shouldn't have any other problems.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset will work (at least initially), but HTC specifically told me not to do a factory reset for this issue. I downloaded Alarm Clock Xtreme from the market, and it works well. You can use that or something like it until HTC can release an update to fix this.

You should probably request escalation of your case because until they release a fix which will in all likelihood involve another factory reset the tech team at HTC said the only way to restore and insure you don't lose other apps like the gallery is to factory reset. I started my ticket with them the day the gingerbread release hit and have been getting calls like once a week from the escalations team because they aren't going to close out my ticket until they have a fix for me.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Search this forum, there are lots of posts regarding this. This bug started with the Gingerbread update.

Do a factory reset. This should fix the issue. Some have reported the bug returns after the reset though.

This is correct, It was gone after gb upgrade. I did (2) factory resets before it came back. After a week or so, it mysteriously disappeared again. :confused:

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem as well. I found a work around since I use launcherpro paid, I was able to set my clock widget option to open up an alarm clock app I had downloaded from the market. Hope I could help.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine disappeared shortly after the GB upgrade like many here. I had already done a hard reset and still not there. I downloaded another clock app (alarm clock plus) and started using that one. Been happy with ACP. A few days ago I noticed that the native clock app was back. No reset or any changes, just back. Oddly enough, I'm liking ACP better. Still using that.

gman757

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a little clue to the alarm clock puzzle:

I had a similar problem with my alarm clock being gone after the GB update. It suddenly came back on its own a couple weeks ago, but then it went away again after a week. Weird.

Anyway, I rooted my DINC2, but kept the stock ROM for now. I purchased Bloat Freezer (requires root) to remove the VZW bloatware, and to my surprise, when I went to freeze some apps, the clock app was there, and it was already frozen! I un-froze it, and now it works great.

So solutions are: 1. Root, get Bloat Freezer ($1) and unfreeze it. 2. Get Alarm Clock Plus (free). Great program, just not as convenient to access as the native alarm clock app.

fdg123

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My alarm is gone also, But I had an alarm set for 10:00AM and it still rings everyday at 10AM. Very annoying. I downloaded Alarm Clock Plus works ok, 8AM, but I can not stop.the 10AM system alarm. It's driving me nuts.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This problem occured prior to the Gingerbread push. The factory reset only worked for about a week for me before it stopped working again. I downloaded Alarm Clock Xtreme. I think i got the paid version for free one day from the amazon app world's 'app of the day.' Having that has made me satisfied to not worry about the stock alarm clock not working.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
its probably time to s-off and install a debloated rom. Its basically the same ui, but without the bloat. Our developers create really good stock ROM's. Thats would be my recommendation. Be prepared, it will void your warranty. Your phone will fuction better though. Just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969