1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Gmail vs. Sense gmail

I would like to use the Gmail app vs. using the sense email to receive my gmail. I had this set up so that I was just getting my email via the Gmail app until I updated to the new firmware 2.3.3. Now when I change the settings on the sense gmail account to manual retrieve then it also changes that setting for the Gmail app. I am pretty sure I can't delete my sense gmail account because it is required for the phone. I am trying to make it so when I get an email that I don't get 2 notifications, one from the gmail app and one from the sense email app. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Gmail vs. Sense gmail

Interesting, I don't have that problem. When I setup my gmail account on the HTC mail program it comes through on the gmail app.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

I ran into the same problem at one point - decided to stick with the Gmail app instead of the Sense mail app, but couldn't remove the account. Got rid of it during a rom change.

But to stop the dual notifications, just go into the app you don't want to use, go into the settings for that app, look for the notification settings and turn them off. Simple as that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion is what I did before the update and it worked but now since updating the operating system, when I change the settings in the HTC gmail app, it changes them in my gmail app as well and vise versa. I had the HTC mail set to retrieve manually and the gmail app set to push and I would only get notifications on the Gmail app which is what I want. Now when I change the HTC mail to manual and then check my Gmail settings, it is also on manual. I switch one, and it switches both. Any other suggestions?

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

I decided having and using two email clients just wasn't worth the hassle. I did like some aspects of the sense client, but in the end, the stock gmail app was cleaner and more reliable. If you have root and are willing to just ditch the sense email app, just go into /system/app and delete mail.apk.

I just turned off the notifications for the Sense email app, and haven't had any issues.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Thanks for the input everyone. I was able to erase my gmail account on the sense app and just use the gmail app now. Wasn't able to do it before for some reason. It's working great now. This phone amazes me everyday

Im still haching the two out... I am partial to the size of the font on the Sense Mail app, Plus all images auto-load which is nice....I've only had the phone for a week tomorrow, so still figuring things out.