Incredible 2 signal strength

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
OK... I bought an unused Dinc 2 off of craigslist. I'm an almost total Android newbie coming from blackberry. (check the last few lines of this post for my real question... the rest is just banter)

I bought an extended battery from Verizon. So I really worked this phone... even deliberately keeping the screen on when not in use... and still had power to spare after 10 hours.

It has 2.3.3 (gingerbread).

I'm somewhat frustrated as a clumsily fumble with the functions, but the phone appears to operate without any software issues... very slick.... and user friendly. Well, it is user friendly in one sense. That is, if you like LOTS of features, you have it! But for me, it is like standing in a hardware shop up to my neck in lovely tools.... so yes... lots of tools, but I can't hammer a simple nail because of all the STUFF! ... but I digress

My only honest complaint is that the signal strength does not appear to be as good as my blackberry. I drive around town a lot. In areas where the signal is somewhat weak on the blackberry, it is utterly non-existent on the Dinc2. zip.

Could be extra large battery and back cover be exasperating the issue?

Is there a fix?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Besides the signal strength issues that the incredible 2 has I have no other issues. Verizon gave me a free network extender for my home due to the signal loss. I am sure HTC will drop a fix for this soon.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Besides the signal strength issues that the incredible 2 has I have no other issues. Verizon gave me a free network extender for my home due to the signal loss. I am sure HTC will drop a fix for this soon.

I wouldn't count on it. The phone has been out several months now and there have been two updates, one on the OS that had to be modified by HTC and another one by Verizon. They are well aware of the problems with the hugh number of complaints that go back to the Incredible 1. They've had plenty of time to fix the reception issues, but have chosen not to.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The Incredible 2 does have bad reception.My brother has a Droid X and no matter where we are, he generally has reception about 20 dBm better than mine.. A great phone with horrible signal strength.

mikells43

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
if ur billing address is in a marginal signal area and you call they will ship you one for free. i called, happened to get someone who grew up around my area and he was able to ship me one out for free, my signal isn't marginal per say, but on their map it is haha. i get great signal on all other phones except htc lol. but anyways my network extender will be here tomm , my free network extender will be here tomm i should say. but call 866 406 5154 and press the prompt to troubleshoot ur device so u get data tech support and not those regular csrs on 611 cause they have less power. data tech can replace ur phone without a supervisor and can discount and give u free stuff without a supervisor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad