Mail app force closing?

corduroytrees

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the DI2 for about a month now as a replacement to my 4 defective Fascinates.

Suddenly today when I try to launch the Mail app, I get the Sorry! The application Mail (process com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again. And then I have to force close.

I can still open the Gmail app and check my Gmail accounts, but obviously I cannot see my exchange emails without Mail working. Does anyone know of a solution? I've gone into account settings and tried to remove the exchange account, but selecting that account just gives me a black screen with the notification bar at the top.

Any help is appreciated. I've tried several battery pulls and attempted to remove or update the Mail app but it doesn't seem to be one that you can remove or update manually.

Thanks

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me. I had to factory reset. But HTC mail is buggy anyways. I use k9 mail instead.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache out of the mail app. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Search for the mail and htcmail apps and clear the cache out.

corduroytrees

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. I couldn't clear the cache in the mail app - the box was greyed out for that option. I did go ahead and do a factory reset and reinstalled everything and spent the hour or two getting the phone back to the way I liked it. I got used to that with the Fascinate so it's not so bad anymore ;)

I've considered changing to K9 and may do so in the future if this happens again.

Thanks again.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing with HTC mail. I had my yahoo acct linked up to it. When I moved things from my inbox to another folder liked saved or archive it would move them to the trash instead. So heads up about that too.

Mom_of_5

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Another thing with HTC mail. I had my yahoo acct linked up to it. When I moved things from my inbox to another folder liked saved or archive it would move them to the trash instead. So heads up about that too.

When I go on the main mail screen there are 3 emails from yahoo. I deleted them from yahoo when I got them. They do not exist on the computer nor on my yahoo screen/page on my phone but I can't get rid of them on my home mail screen any suggestions? I get the Sorry! The application Mail (process com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again, when I try to delete them. I hit the force close but it doesn't fix or change anything

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
process com.htc.android.mail has stopped unexpectedly
You must create New sync account with manual setup, for Hotmail account Server name is m.hotmail.com (not hotmail.com).
For Yahoo or other mail, find yahoo /or other "parameter for push mail", and look for Server name. I have problem with Mail app and I fix with correct Server name. With automatic create Excange sync account for mail, Sync app give me incorrect Server. Enter User name like your email address and Domain is optional - not required, at the end check only: Mail sync, if you dont wont calendar and contact on your email account. I think this is solution for any droid phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair