Sms Issue

raisinbagel

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an odd issue with contacts in the default messaging app. When I go to text someone their name shows up as the recipient but as soon as the text is sent in the all messages screen instead of their name showing up it shows their number. Inside the thread it shows the same thing. I can tap on the number and go to show contact and it'll take me right to the correct contact with all of my accounts linked. I feel like ive tried pretty much everything just curious to see if anyone else is having this issue. I love this phone but this is annoying enough to get under my skin and make me wanna already install a custom rom. Thanks for any input.

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I get those with go SMS pro, and there is an option to have it open a pop-up to the text when you unlock. I had issues with the factory messenger too and this was the only way for me to fix them

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
OP: Yes, I had this same issue. The first time the only was to fix it was to factory reset the phone and it still happened for a bit then all of a sudden fixed itself. There are a few things to try though make sure your phone numbers are stored as 1-areacode-xxx-xxxx and if they are not try doing that. Otherwise the only other option is try to factory reset it and see what happens. I called HTC and was working with them and they had not heard of this issue but I found countless threads on the internet about it.

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Gave it another go round with gosms -- destroyed my battery. It was like the battery was receiving texts in both sms apps and was using double battery life. I hate the brightness of the stock, maybe handcent is next??:-\

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
OP: Yes, I had this same issue. The first time the only was to fix it was to factory reset the phone and it still happened for a bit then all of a sudden fixed itself. There are a few things to try though make sure your phone numbers are stored as 1-areacode-xxx-xxxx and if they are not try doing that. Otherwise the only other option is try to factory reset it and see what happens. I called HTC and was working with them and they had not heard of this issue but I found countless threads on the internet about it.

^this

make sure you have the person's number set up in their contact info to be identical with what is in the messages app.

if their number in your contacts is 1-555-555-5555 and in the message its 555-555-5555 it will not account for the +1 prefix and show it as a number. if that isn't the case delete the message thread and start a new one. factory reset should be the last step.