dinc2 data migration. it underwhelms...

lakester

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

Still generally quite happy w/ the dinc2..., but..., I'm underwhelmed by the migration experience.

My first Android device was an OG Droid.

Next up was a Xoom. One of the best parts of the Xoom, was that once I configured it w/ my Google account info..., nearly EVERYTHING was automatically and correctly migrated/synced, incl wifi keys, bookmarks, etc.

The dinc2 by comparison, has done almost nothing to aid migration or stay in sync w/ the various bits of Google stored data. Changes made on the dinc2 are never reflected on the other two devices, and vice versa, even though the other two devices are kept in perfect sync between themselves.

Stuff like calendar info seems OK..., as well as contacts..., but everything else..., zip.

AFAIK, all sync features are enabled on the dinc2, w/ the exception of the Verizon crap.

Any thoughts? I gotta be missing something obvious...

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is the Inc 2 you are migrating to already running GB? You say all the data sync features are activated does that include under privacy the auto backup and restore?

lakester

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the Inc 2 you are migrating to already running GB? You say all the data sync features are activated does that include under privacy the auto backup and restore?

Sorry for the delay in responding!

Yup..., it's GB and yup, under the Privacy settings, backup/restore is enabled.

FWIW..., I ran across commeary in the xda forums I think that corraborated that the problem is real. Will try to find it again and post it here. The DINC2 isn't the only device that acts this way. It seems that the Xoom is in the minority of devices that do a good job at migration..., maybe because it's a Google Experience Device?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not at all sure what the issue is. I know when I activated the Xoom everything came right across and then when I went from the original incredible to the incredible 2 everything transferred without an issue. The only thing that I can think of is I was running rooted with a gingerbread rom before I came to this phone. Perhaps it won't sync the information from the Xoom because it is running on honeycomb and the sync of everything wasn't added to the phones until gingerbread and without the og Droid running gingerbread it just can't do it. I'm not at all sure.