Android Market Help

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is what my Verizon DinC2 is doing;

I try to load the Android Market. It fades to a solid white screen that says 'Loading...', stays there for less than a second, then returns to my original screen.

I noticed this problem for the first time at 12:30-ish today. It worked fine before hand on the same day. Then seemingly quit working with out any changes to the phone. Everything else works fine.

My phone is NOT rooted. GB 2.3.3 Does anyone have any ideas? Is the market itself having issues?

I really don't want to do a factory reset if it is at all avoidable.

Last edited:

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem once before, your phone actually lost your Google account (not gmail). Unfortunately, the only method I've found to fix it is a factory reset

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try this: open -Settings, -Applications, -Manage Applications, -All.
Find Market. Stop its service. Empty its cache. Back out to home screen,
then reboot your phone.
If you have a good signal, Market will light up just fine.

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on WiFi for signal, and full bars for G3. I tried both. Called verizon; Their final suggestion was factory reset...or shipping a new device. So...I called HTC. Don't know if I was lucky or not but I got a GREAT CSR. She tried everything, even found me an updated version of the Market app and linked it to my phone. In the end the only thing we could come up with was trying the factory reset. She was even nice enough to field a bunch of questions for the install, which was clearly not supposed to be part of HTC's customer support. So with everything exhausted I am now trying the factory reset.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Michael almost had it on the money. Go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Tab -> Market -> Force Stop and Clear Data.

Clear Cache works well for caching issues. However this isnt a caching issue :) Hopefully I posted this before you did a factory reset. If not well, if it happens again please try this first as it will save a lot of time.

After that attempt to access the Market App. It will ask you to access the TOS again. Good as new. Works for me every time that happens.

Reactions: Pieface

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife's market started doing this last night. We tried DroidDev's suggestion but it did not help. Does anyone else have any suggestions? We really do want to have to do a factory reset if at all possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11