Dinc @,, noob questions..

JJ_BPK

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
HI,,

I'v had my Dinc 2 for a month, it's my 1st smart phone, all is well,, but I need a little help in the transition..

1)while walking around DC, I pulled up Google maps to get directions to a hamburger joint. I was on the East side of the WH and thought the place was about 2 blocks away. Google gave me a 10 block route that was based on a CAR driving there,, lots of one way streets.. It was across the street,, 100 yds away

Is there a gps walking routing app that uses Google PIO's and personally created PIO's..

2)I tried the version sync,, it grabbed everything and everybody from my OE address book... Now I have 300 "peoples",, OK so I use my OE address book for other stuff..

How can I create/sync a sub-set of address entries,, the peoples I call & Skype,, kinda family only list??

3)I purchased the Dinc2 because it's a quad-band. My #2 lives in London, when we visit, I pop in an Orange sim into an old att Motorola.. While at the Version store in Key West yesterday, I ask to have the phone unlocked,, the tech said it's always unlocked,, just swap you Orange sim at the airport..

It this true?? I thought you need a software unlock to use a non version sim??

Thanks in advance..
Jim
PS: My battery is as bad as everybody else.. When active,, under 24 hrs,, inactive,, 2 days..

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
1) When I ask for directions on Google Maps, I get a little bar at the top with a photo of a car, bus, bicycle, and a pedestrian. Tapping the pedestrian icon will give you walking directions.

2) I'm not an OE user. Can't help you there.

3) I'm on my 4th unlocked global phone with VZW. Unlock codes are provided by Global Services. Generally if you are post paid 60 days or more on your current contract and have not unlocked a phone within the last year, VZW will give you the code. Call Verizon Global, and they will walk you through.

I only get 8-10hrs battery life with moderate use. If you're getting more than that, you're in good shape.

Reactions: JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,, My moderate to 5-6 calls a day, 1-2 email wifi, but I do have antivirus, gmail, & skype running. I have use skype to #2 in the UK wifi, she was in a car and reception was less than fair, video was a blury, sound choppy, but it did work..

Sitting here playing,, the "hiker" works.. thanks again

Tx
Jim

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If your running
2.3.4 and only get 10 hours of battery life, hard resetting the phone will fix that. I was being 8-9 hours and had to reset for something unrelated and now my battery life is 24+ hours on average.
Tapatalk on Incredible 2

JJ_BPK

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
If your running
2.3.4 and only get 10 hours of battery life, hard resetting the phone will fix that. I was being 8-9 hours and had to reset for something unrelated and now my battery life is 24+ hours on average.
Tapatalk on Incredible 2

Please explain,
Does the HARD reset erase your address book and other app settings??

Tx
Jim

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Please explain,
Does the HARD reset erase your address book and other app settings??

Tx
Jim

He's talking about a factory data re-set, and yes it will erase everything. Thankfully with the back-up option putting your phone back together is not as arduous a task as previously, As far as you battery life goes that is about right with everything you have running in the background. I would suggest buying a second stock battery if you want to get the small profile of the phone or a extended capacity one if you don't mind adding some weight and thickness. The other thing to do there is look for a cradle charger that has a second battery port. HTC doesn't make one yet and Verizon doesn't offer anything like it for the Incredible 2, but if you search Amazon for it you will find multiple option for around $25.00. Just be sure the one you are getting is for the Incredible 2 and not the original Droid Incredible.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88