dock question

mikells43

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
so i got the dock for the inc 2 from vzw. got it for like 27 bucks with my discount. not bad. but anyways ive been using a moto charger for my phone since its longer and its not a usb cable so it flexes easer and it is easer to talk on the phone and charge at the same time/text/whatever. so i plugged it into the dock. and dock mode would not enable. tried it with the htc charger then, and guess what it works with the htc charger and not with the moto charger. what could cause that? please if anyone has any advice let me know thanks.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
might have something to do with it not being the right dock? I dont use docks so i dont know but it would seem like it needs to be the dock recommended for your phone

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup. What sunny_d replied with.

This phone is very picky about what USB cables it will work with. I've found that HTC branded cables work best with the 2 DDInc2's I own.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My dog chewed my htc cord in the first week so now I have to use my old blackberry usb. So far its working OK

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

mikells43

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
yea it accepts the ext battery, its the one im using right now. and yea it even seems to charge faster with the stock htc cable. but they give you anouther cable and wall plug with the dock too.

that could be the prob i think. i got a few moto chargers when i had a droid 2 back last year when they had that 65% off promo code i got a bunch of stuff and chargers were one of them, i like them cause there longer and less of a heavy cable like a usb cable. but i guess im using the htc cable from now on. thanks guys.