Factory Reset Help

shrop486

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I really need some help trying to do a Factory Reset without the ability to get to the Settings menu.

I tried to use App2SD to move an app, but after it failed to move it to my SD card I can no longer get to my "utility" type programs. The Settings shortcut disappeared from my App tray, the Settings shortcut no longer works on my desktop as well as the Manage Applications, Running Services and Battery Use shortcuts. All 4 shortcuts say "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone" so I have no way to get to the Settings menus to do a Reset. This also means that I have no way to uninstall App2SD since I can't get to the Manage Applications menu.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Power down the phone and then when you go to turn the power back on hold the down volume rocker. It will boot into hboot, a white screen with little Androids across the bottom. Using the volume rocker go down to factory reset and select using the power button. It will go through and then reset. You should be all good to go.

Reactions: Brennb#AC

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Power down the phone and then when you go to turn the power back on hold the down volume rocker. It will boot into hboot, a white screen with little Androids across the bottom. Using the volume rocker go down to factory reset and select using the power button. It will go through and then reset. You should be all good to go.

Just make sure you disable fastboot (Settings>Power) or else that won't work.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you disable fastboot (Settings>Power) or else that won't work.

Op said they can't access the settings. Try it anyway, if it doesn't work take it to a VZW store. They reset mine when my psettings was force closing

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

shrop486

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. I actually had Fast Boot enabled before losing access to Settings and I was still able to get to the hboot menu to do the factory reset.

Actually, can you tell me what turning off Fast Boot does besides the obvious?