My contacts are GONE!
09-17-2011 07:42 PM
- Hi, I recently got a Droid Incredible 2 and added my contacts. I didnt sync from anywhere, I put them in myself then linked some to Facebook, but this morning I was going to text someone and I noticed that all my message names were NUMBERS. So I proceeded to look into contacts, It says loading, but never loads. I tried to re-add a contact and it says "Sorry! The application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Force Close" ... I have also gotten that message while in the drawer , or in an app but it was about a Google thing and when I force close it, it wasnt the app. I have no ideas left to fix it & they arent synced anywhere. I'm willing to re-add my contacts but IT WONT LET ME. anyone got any suggestions? I tryed a restart. It did nothing. and once I get them back, how can I back them up to gmail? Any and All help is appreciated! Thanks !!!09-16-2011 02:05 PM
- i would say just reboot the phone. if that doesn't work factory reset.
i know it sounds drastic and very inconvenient. believe me i know. i used to hate whenever i'd call VZW for any issue they say factory reset. but its really the fastest way to resolve these issues. and if it doesn't work then you know its the software and need to get a replacement.09-16-2011 02:45 PM
- It's the bug from thr gingerbread update. The code has a major flaw in it and we need to keep bugging HTC to get the fix out to us. Factory reset and then when you get your contacts re-added and make them all Google contacts. Or even easier get on the computer and put all your contacts into Google on the website and when you factory reset it they will be there.09-16-2011 08:07 PM
- Also be sure when you enter your contacts again that they are all Google contacts that sync with your Gmail account/Google Contacts. This phone (maybe all HTC phones?) has at least three types of contacts: "Phone" contacts, SD contacts, and Google contacts. The default when you start a new contact is Phone. This sucks because if you're someone who syncs contacts with your Google account, you don't realize it but the contact you just entered does not sync. So you have to train yourself to change that dropdown at the top of the new contact screen to Google each time you enter a new one.
Syncing to Google really is the best way. Your contacts are safely backed up in the cloud and if anything ever goes wrong with your phone, it doesn't matter if you've lost all your contacts because they're waiting there online to be resynced. Verizon offers its Backup Assistant to back up locally-stored contacts for when you do something like switch phones or a factory reset or whatever, but this is an unnecessary extra step if you ask me. Go Google and stay that way and you're good no matter what happens.09-17-2011 07:42 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2
My contacts are GONE!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD