Firmware Upgrade 2.3.4 Now Available

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just got it thanks haven't noticed anything yet. My market hasn't changed yet.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
the update is working fine. no issues.
i haven't received the market update. but it doesn't really matter to me, as long as i can download apps i don't care what the market looks like

to anyone that does care, if your market doesnt change go to settings > applications > manage applications > go the "all" tab > find the market > clear data > reboot your phone

this should get you the new market

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For those asking about accepting the OTA while Rooted - Don't! It will kill root and if this is anything like the OG DInc loads it will check for stock recovery and HBOOT before loading.

There were some questions about upgrading the Radio. There is a post in the ROM's and Hacks section for the Radio. If you have never flashed a Radio before, please, please, please check the MD5 before you flash the new Radio. The OG DInc GB radio also did wonders for reception so I'm sure the upgrade here does as well.

Reactions: gman757

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
ok,

IF I decide to factory reset it to get this update, is there a way to backup my current config (apps, settings, credentials, icons on screen, everything) like I could with my blackberry?

Thanks!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
No, Android does not have a program like BlackBerry's desktop manger. You apps should automatically re-download after the factory reset. You will however have to redo you app screen layouts. You will want to use Google or Verizon's Backup Assistant to backup your contacts.

I've never had to do a factory reset but this is what my wife's phone did when she did a reset to get the market app working again.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just dl'd this. No problems. So far everything seems the same.

What does the new market look like? How do I know I have it?

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that a factory reset will allow the update.
On another note. Are people aware that there are no more service people at Verizon stores? I was given a direct tech support number to call

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
factory reset seems like a huge pain in the a$$ just for an update, no one knows another work around?

there's no way to save my settings?

seems like a step back, sorry guys..

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So, I did a factory reset and I went to install the update and when it goes to install, it comes up with the triangle with the ! in it. I am rooted, but I want to update to the newest version. Anyone know a solution?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I did a factory reset and I went to install the update and when it goes to install, it comes up with the triangle with the ! in it. I am rooted, but I want to update to the newest version. Anyone know a solution?

Are you using a custom ROM? The ROM you are running could be blocking the OTA. Besides, if you are rooted why worry about the OTA? Just wait for someone to release a new ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy