Droid Incredible 2 Charging Problems

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok So I have had this phone for less than a year. I added a line to get this phone and have my other phone unactivated so I was able to get this phone. I bought it back in like April or May. I had no problems with it till now. One problem that kept happening was the fact that some of my apps were not installed. For instance one time it was the internet. I clicked on it and it said this linked program is no longer installed in your phone. So i was told to do a factory reset. Then it was fine. Then it happend again with gallery and music and ringtones but not all at the same time everytime one was gone i did another factory reset. I am not sure what the problem is. I have always updated my phone and apps. Lately now i am having charger problems. For a good 5 days now I would plug my charger in the phone as normal. It would say it is charging have the charging icon up top moving across the battery icon. The thing is its not chargin at all my battery gets lower and lower and ends up dying. I tried every charger in the house that would fit my phone. It is dying everytime i use it. At night i plug it in it even though its dead and wait for the orange light to blink and then usually just stay orange. It would blink then stop and nothing then i pulled out the plug and back in and it would be orange blinking and then just orange it kinda charges at night when the phone is off. But it wont charge when its on im just having problems with it charging. I am not sure what to do. Please tell me what i can do

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hear that .. i got the same issue.. your charging port is broken... i have two incredible.. at this point i am just using my other incredible to get the battery charged and i switch the batteries.. you can take it to verizon and use ur manufacture warranty to get it replaced. The thing is.. when verizon sent it out to manufacture and if they finds its U that messed up the charging port they will charge you full price of the phone... :(

Reactions: Lissychrissy09
Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
U have got to be kidding me. I have not done anything to break the port though i mean it said it is chargin. Couldnt it be a battery problem to ? I never had this problem until recently. I had downloaded this game bfore this happened and it killed my battery everytime i used it so i uninstalled it and then eventually did a factory reset. But still. I am gonna take a trip to the verizon store and see what they can do. They always talk about using the wall charger i use it but they said not usb that is all i have the usb in the charger that charges it. It could be the battery couldnt it ?

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
the thing is i have another phone but its a droid ally and i dont use it its deactivated and the incredible which has the original number cuz i got it switched to the incredible that number is do for an upgrade in feb u think they would give me an upgrade this early ?

tiguyac

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
If there is a Batteries Plus store nearby, you could try a new battery to see if that helps.. they can also check your old battery to see what is going on with it, but it takes like 24 hours to do an analysis on it. They should at least be able to open one up, put it in, and see what it shows. If it doesn't do any different, you know it's either the phone or the charger, and you can try a charger there too..