Unable to send or receive picture messages

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
For the last 3 days my inc2 wont send or receive picture messages. When i try to send them it says, failed after multiple attempts generic network failure. I cant download them either.
I'm complete stock and using stock messaging.

desertcat

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you on wifi or mobile network? I've had similar issues when my mobile network is disabled because I'm running on wifi. Make sure mobile is enabled as well and retry sending or receiving.

Sent from my Incr2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nsanders

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
My data was on, everything worked fine except picture texts. I did a factory reset and its fine now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, desertcat! I could not figure out why my boss's picture messages to me were not downloading to my phone. I always run my phone on WiFi at the office. Once I turned it off and it switched over to the mobile network, the pictures came right through. I needed to show these to an employee right away. This was almost a work emergency, but thanks to you the emergency was averted.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my girlfriends Dinc 2. I have WiFi off and Mobile Networks on. Still no use. Keeps saying "Message not downloaded" or "Attempt Failed"

I also tried to force stop the app but that didn't help either. I want to avoid doing a factory reset if possible but I might have to as a last resort. Is there anything else that can be done?

biggyb12

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now with mine wifi is not on mobile network is still can't send or recieve picture messages has anyone figured a solution out other than factory reset?

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will work or not, so give it a try if you feel like it.. But there's an app called APN Backup and Restore which as says, backup and restores APNs. ROMs such as Virtuous had problems with MMS and downloading a different APN list was the fix. Maybe try new APNs. That's all I could think of doing, besides a factory reset anyways.

Last edited:

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem no matter what. I'm on RCMix3d right now. I'm going to try flashing back to stock but I'll do a factory reset if needed. My husband is on the same rom, same phone, same radio etc and isn't having that problem.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Per an xda member, they cleared out the messageCS, messaging, and messaging widget data and force closed them all. I tried this and it seems to be working, along with an APN update.

SequimPC

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Droid Incredible 2 and I can't send or receive MMS messages. I also don't have 3g only evdo after flashing rom RCMIX3D Runny 4.0. I have tried clearing caches and tried a APN for Verizon (My carrier) Nothing has worked. I love this ROM and don't want to go back to my previous Liquid Rom. Anybody have an idea on how to fix?

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this problem too running Virtuous Unity. I get an mms and it gives me the download button but it never downloads. Tried turning off wifi and it still won't do it. Just says "downloading..." but never does. Last night I got error messages twice after it tried for a while. Today, nothing. It was nearly midnight on New Year's Eve and it was from a girl with fantastic boobs and I'm just hoping beyond hope that it was a boob shot. Must... view... that... message...

susiepanda

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
It's been doing that for me too for the past 3 days also i have a Samsung Double Time and i have been running on wifi but i turned it off and yet it still wont work and then my internet wont work