A Few Questions About Droid Incredible 2

shopinchic

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about Android phones and I have a few questions specifically about the Droid Incredible 2.

1- How good is the app selection? Do they have Insta.gram and Foursquare?

2- If I was to purchase this phone from Verizon, would I also have access to Verizon apps?

3- How good is the storage if you plan on downloading apps, music, and videos?

4- Is the touchscreen as good as the screen on my iPod Touch?

5- How good is the battery?

6- How good is the camera/video camera?

Thanks in advance!

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Android Market has Foursquare but not Instagram
2.The phone comes preloaded with Verizon apps.
3.The internal storage is about 1.1GB which is more than enough for apps. It comes with a 16GB SD Card which is also plenty for videos and music.
4. The resolution is 480x800 WVGA while the newer ipods (4th gen and up) are 640x960.. The screen is still awesome though, don't worry about that.
5. Depending on your usage and settings, the battery may vary but it's good enough to last you through the day.
6. An 8MP camera and 720p HD recording.. Nuff said, it's an awesome camera.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Other questions already addressed, but I'll comment on the camera. I was on a trip recently and ran out of space on my old camera's SD cards. I had forgotten all about my phone's camera because I'm trained to think that cellphone cameras are bad after carrying a Palm Treo for four years. I remembered about it, started taking shots with it, and was so impressed. Firstly my camera was an 8-year old 3-megapixel camera, but the Incredible 2 is an 8 megapixel. It took big beautiful album-quality photos and was easy to use. And the video quality is so much better than my little old digital camera. I should have just used it from the start. That was really surprising. Of course like all cellphone cameras it lacks optical zoom, but with photos that large, you can crop down and still have a large enough photo. In short, really impressed with this camera for photo and video. And 16gb is a lot of space. You can buy a 32gb card if you'd like more.

I've been pleased with battery life, especially after using a 4G Thunderbolt for a couple weeks. And if you want even more juice, you can do things like set the screen to auto brightness so it's not always cranking at 100%. You can use Juice Defender to automate setting adjustments to save more power. And you can root your phone and put a custom ROM on there, one designed to sip juice even more frugally. I hate having to think about battery and I don't have to with this phone.

Quills#WP

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
1. not phone dependent
2. it's a VZW-only phone in the states ... in other words, the seller is irrelevant if you're in the U.S.
3. as big as your microSD card
4. depends on the gen
5. relative ... avoid market live papes (in my experience)
6. objectively, good

fwiw, the factor that sold me on the DInc 2 was the form ... it doesn't get better imo.