1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default IQ and the Dinc2 - AKA Tell HTC?

OK, I have read a lot about this Carrier IQ issue and everyone has their own strong opinions about it. From what I have been able to find, and granted my knowledge is limited compared to some, the Tell HTC app on the Dinc2 has the exact same list of permissions that Carrier IQ has but on my phone does not show as running.

My question has likely been asked but I'm looking for an answer specific to the Dinc2. Is there any concern regarding the Carrier IQ / potential Tell HTC app and the Dinc2?

From what I've read to see if you have it, and/or remove it you have to be rooted. Lifehacker has a good wtite up on it.

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,546 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: IQ and the Dinc2 - AKA Tell HTC?

Please consider updating this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-status-2.html with whatever information is found.

All VZW phones are supposedly free from this software - but validation is nice to have. There are two tools out there that can look for Carrier IQ. One requires ROOT the other is known for false positives. Both are detailed in the thread linked above.