Verizon pushing 5.10.605.9 update

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the update. Everything is running fine so far.

Coming from 3 Samsung phones, I am just in awe that HTC actually release updates for their phones. Wow, thank you.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
MY phone freezes during the update. Anyone else? Homescreen is locked on one screen, buttons do not work. It has been about 15 minutes now....

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update installed, saw the news here on Android Central, Thank-You guys, I never say that But I would be lost without you. Yippee the clock app works again.

mlmcgahee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just updated... Clock app now works again and I have much better signal strength. I have 4 to 5 bars now where before I only had 1 to 2. :):):)

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone was locking up during the download, After about thirty minutes I pulled the battery and restarted. The download resumed but locked again. I removed the battery and tried again but this time I was caught in a boot loop.

Did a hard reset but the phone locked again during download....crap!!!!

Another battery pull but this time with the battery out I held the power button down for thirty seconds. I put the the battery back in, did a second hard reset.

After I finished setup I turned off wifi and sync before the ota download started again and this time i updated without a hitch. YAY!!!!!!

During the last two times the phone was locking up when the ota was downloading and wifi and sync were kicking on at the same time.....so far all is good.

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the update. The clock icon is back lol. This was kind of a 2 part process for me. I went into settings>software update and downloaded the file. After it completed it didn't look like anything had happened. So I did a software update again and this time I got a different sort of download, this time from Verizon. After it finished downloading the phone when through the whole reboot cycle.

The phone seems a lot faster. It's probably due to the fact that i haven't done a reboot in quite a while, rather than the new update. But I can at least think it was due to the update!

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I love how in regards to the poor signal strength issue HTC just decides to divide by 5 with the update; make it appear as though the signal strength is greater lol

a weak 3 out of 5 sure looks better than a 2 out of 4! smh

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
No clock icon for me. Only way to get to the clock, stopwatch, etc. is to have the HTC Clock widget installed.

No clock icon for me either. Only way to get the clock/stopwatch/alarm app to work is to have the clock widget on one of your home screens. If you long press to add widget/shortcuts/wallpapers, then it shows up as a widget, but NADA in my app drawer. WTF?!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The answer is Verizon Video was added to our phones. Thanks for the system update big red.

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk